Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II

Icl: warning #10316: option '/Qgen-matmul' not supported at optimization levels less than '/O2'

Jump to solution

A small inconsistency with a warning message #10316 is detected and more details will be provided.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Sergey,

I'm entering this issue to our problem tracking database. Thank you for your report.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Here are details: A small inconsistency with a warning message #10316 is detected and consider two cases with command line options: .../Od /Qopt-matmul... or .../O1 /Qopt-matmul... If /Qopt-matmul is used and optimization levels are /Od or /O1, then the following warning is displayed: ... Icl: warning #10316: option '/Qgen-matmul' not supported at optimization levels less than '/O2' ... however, a correct warning message should be: ... Icl: warning #10316: option '/Qopt-matmul' not supported at optimization levels less than '/O2' ... It is clear this is a legacy issue since option /Qgen-matmul is no longer supported and was changed to /Qopt-matmul some time ago.
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Sergey,

I'm entering this issue to our problem tracking database. Thank you for your report.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
In essence a modification is very simple, that is, just change a string from gen-matmul to opt-matmul and I understand that lost of verifications need to be done to check that nothing else is affected in Intel C++ compiler. Thanks, Feilong.
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Sergey,

I was informed that this issue has been fixed in 15.0 compiler.  FYI.

Thanks.