Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Information about Intel Compiler

Sabino_B_
Beginner
Hello, I' new here, my name is Sabino and I lead my own indie development. Intel Compiler caught my attention, so I decided to get more information about this software. Benchmark affirms that executables created with Intel Parallel Studio are more performant. Then, I also read that Intel Compiler automatically detects the CPU ti verify if it's IntelGenuine or not; if yes, the executable will run slower. This will split my customers in two sections: people who have got Intel CPUs and people who have got AMD CPUs. I want to INVEST my money in Intel Software, and not WASTE money. Why should't I think that Intel is not an arrogant company?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sabino_B_
Beginner
if no*, the executable will run slower.*
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

If you choose Intel or gcc or several others, if you wish to run on amd CPUs up to 12 years old, you will choose sse3 instruction set. If you care to attempt to demonstrate that this is slower than some other compiler, you could take advantage of free trial and submit your findings.

0 Kudos