Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Installation errors on Windows 7

mmhawkasu_edu
Beginner

I have the serial number for the Intel Software Development Products for Windows*, Education.

I am building Windows 7 images for the classroom and have downloaded and installed portions of the C++ Compiler, but the Product for 32-bit/x86-64bit development program gives the error, The license file provided is invalid.

I have successfully installed everything else with the exception of the Product for 32-bit/x86-64bit development.

I have also run into a problem installing the Thread Profiler 3.1. The error message is, Please install VTune Performance Analyzer 8.0 or above on your system before installing Intel Thread Profiler 3.1. the installer then quits. I have already installed VTune Amplifier XE.

Thanks,

Marianne Hawk

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JenniferJ
Hi Marianne,
We've seen one such case, but could not reproduce this error.

could you please send us the installation log file by private post or by Intel Premier Support - https://premier.intel.com/?

The log files are: under "C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Local\Temp"
ComposeXE2011.Log
ComposerXE2011.Log_issa.log
ComposerXE2011.Log_pset.log

Thanks,
Jennifer
0 Kudos
JenniferJ

the work-around is to install as 30days eval.
But please save/send the .log files before you do that.

thanks,
Jennifer

0 Kudos
JenniferJ
sorry. forgot one thing.

are you using an old serial number from 12.0? if so you need to upgrade it from our registration center.

Jennifer
0 Kudos