Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7953 Discussions

Installation of Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2018 Update 1

OctoberChang
Beginner

Hi intel community,

In order to run a specific package that required Intel Compiler 18.0.1, I would like to download the Intel Parallel Studio XE 2018 Update 1 which include the exact Intel Compiler 18.0.1 version. However, as shown in the attached screenshot, the Intel Parallel Studio XE 2018 Update 1 is not available from the download menu...

How can I install Intel Compiler 18.0.1 in this case? Any help or hint is very much appreciate!

intel_parallel_studio_XE_linux_2018-update-1.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Wei cheng,

We will contact the internal team to see if we can provide the installer.

Also if the package requires Intel Compiler 18.0.1 it might also work with the latest version too. Did you get any error while using it with the latest version?

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
Armando_L_A_
New Contributor I

My experience migrating from Intel C++ 2018.x  to 19.1 was not good.

Using O2 or O3 optimizations and a lot of floating-point processing the last compiler is failing in several projects. In some cases, the global optimization in 19.1 crashes with an internal error.

If your project benefits from high optimizations and it has heavy number crunching, my advice is to keep Intel C++ 2018.x as your production compiler.

Finally, I had to revert to 18 update 4.

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi,

I am assuming you have replied on behalf of Wei cheng.

Glad 18.4 version is working for you. so we will be closing this thread

Regarding the issues you have mentioned when using 19.1 Intel compilers, can you please raise new threads reporting those errors.

This will help us in fixing those issue if there were any.

Regards,

Prasanth

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi,

Since your problem is resolved can we close this thread?

Let us know if you are still facing any problems.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
Armando_L_A_
New Contributor I

Dear Prasanth,

If retracting to an older version of the compiler could be considered a solution to the problem, you can close the thread. 

But you have to consider that Intel Compiler XE 2019 creates the wrong code when using maximum optimization. In my particular case, it happens with floats, using OpenMP and event trigger an internal error when using global optimization. The source code is mainly C99  with Windows as the target.

The affected source codes have been compiled correctly by Intel C/C++ from 2013 to 2018 update 5.

Only the 2019 edition of Intel C fails.

Thanks

Armando

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Armando,

The thread was raised asking for Intel Parallel studio 2018 update 1 version which was required for a specific package. I have contacted the internal team to see whether they can provide the package but meanwhile, you have replied that Parallel Studio 18.4 is working fine.

I have assumed the requirements are met and you are able to run your package successfully. That is why I said that problem is resolved.

Now coming to the problems, you have faced after upgrading to 19.1 I have asked you to raise new threads for them since we cannot answer all issues in a single thread.

You have already raised a thread in which you have reported that your program which used to work till 2018 is failing in 19.1. The thread is ongoing, and we will deliver the solution soon.

If you are facing any other issue, please report to us.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Armando,

Thanks for raising https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-C-Compiler/Errors-migrating-project-from-Intel-C-XE-2018-to-Intel-19-1/m-p/1207040#M37476 query for your second problem. Our Compiler expert is looking into it and expecting a smaller reproducer for this problem.

As your first issue got resolved with Intel Compiler 18.4, I am closing this thread. Please feel free to open a new thread if you face any more issues.

Thanks and Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos