Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

Installing 15.0 update 2 on Centos 6.5 x64

James_Burgess
Beginner

Hi,

In previous versions installing icc onto a x64 Centos was a matter of making sure the 32 bit libs were installed. I've just installed compat-libstdc++-296.i686 and compat-libstdc++-33.i686 (with yum) and the installer is still saying "32 bit libraries not found". Does anyone know which rpm(s) icc needs. It is allowing me to click "next", should I just go ahead and do that?

Thanks,

James

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Brandon_H_Intel
Employee

Hi James,

You may need 32-bit glibc-devel as well, if you don't have it. I think (but I'd have to go back and verify) that when the installation gives that warning, there's a selection for more information that may list the packages needed. See the article at https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-intel-compilers-for-linux-under-redhat-enterprise-linux-or-centos for more helpful information on installing the compilers on this OS.

0 Kudos
James_Burgess
Beginner

Hi Brandon,

That article is a little out of date but in reading it I realized there was probably a 32 bit libstdc++-devel, which there is and that seemed to do the trick!

So the fix was:

$ sudo yum install libstdc++-devel.i686

Installer proceeded from there on. 

Thanks again,

- James

0 Kudos