Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Installing

moudi
Beginner

Hi,

I have downloaded the Intel C Intel 64 Compiler Professional for applications running on Intel 64, Version 11.1 Build 20091130 Package ID: l_cproc_p_11.1.064

But when i installed it first, the installation failed. When i tried to reinstall it, i encountered this message: the activativation key is not valid. I then chose to evaluate the product.

Now i want to have the licence for long use.

How to do.

The other problem is that one: i want to build wrf wiht ifort +icc. But the compilation always fails.My system is

Linux wewa 2.6.31-18-generic #55-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 8 14:54:52 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I have installed sussesfully the intel fortran: Intel Fortran Intel 64 Compiler Professional for applications running on Intel 64, Version 11.0 Build 20090318 Package ID: l_cprof_p_11.0.083

I would like first installing correctly the icc and build the wrf modeling sofware

Best regars

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

If you have a working permanent license in the /licenses/ directory, along with the evaluation license, you have the option of removing the evaluation license.

In order for icc and ifort to work together, you should upgrade your ifort to the same version as your icc.

0 Kudos
moudi
Beginner

Hi, thanks

would you tell me how do i make the update for ifort??

I'm tring to apply what you suggest to me

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

There're several articles talking about how to build WRF with intel compilers. It's easier to search "wrf and intel compiler intel" with google.

To install the latest Fortran, simply follow the same steps as the C++.

Thanks,
Jennifer

0 Kudos