Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Integration issues with Visual Studio 2015 Update 1

Jurczak__Paul
New Contributor I

I just installed evaluation version of Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2016 Cluster Edition for Windows with Update 1 on Windows 7 SP 1 64-bit. I used defaults during installation, except of unchecking the Fortran compiler and 32-bit tools. Prior to installation I already had a working Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition with Update 1. I don't see any trace of Intel C++ compiler in Visual Studio, not in PROJECT menu, nor anywhere else. Intel Software Manager app, which was installed with Parallel Studio XE, crashes with Missing Shortcut error. Command line tools seem to be working. Any clues on what went wrong?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Paul,
Try this:

1) Modify for PSXE 2016 from original package and install integration to VS2015. 

2) Note that PSXE 2016 requires MS Visual C++ compiler as part of Visual Studio. And if  VC++ is not installed the installer will detect it and does not allow integration into this VS.

By default, Visual Studio 2015 Community edition installer does not install VC++ compiler.   So, you'll need to  install VC++ for Visual Studio 2015 Community edition and then Modify PSXE 2016 installation to add VS2015 IDE support

Hope the above helps. Let me know if you still have issues with it

_Kittur

0 Kudos
Jurczak__Paul
New Contributor I

Hi Kittur,

What do you mean by "Modify for PSXE 2016"? Repair the installation? PSXE 2016 installation detected VS2015 and auto-selected it on integration dialog. The strange thing is that Intel® Parallel Studio doesn't even show on the list of installed programs in Control Panel.

I had Visual C++ installed and running prior to Intel® Parallel Studio installation.

If there is no easy solution to this, I will use Windows 10 installation, which went fine.

Thank you,

Paul

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Paul, that's strange that you don't see it in the control panel under programs/features 'cause I can see that fine on my system. That's an indication that the install probably didn't go through may be?   Well, what I meant was:  when you execute the .setup.exe original package file for install you'll see "Modify, Repair and Remove" options and I was suggesting you choose Modify option and ensure that the compiler was selected and the option to integrate with proper VS was as well.

If you still have issues, then you'll need to attach the install log files ("*pset*.log and *issa*.log ) found in the tmp (%TEMP%)  directory. If it still is a hassle and windows 10 works fine for you then I suggest using the newer windows 10 since you're evaluating per-se?  Let me know.

_Kittur

0 Kudos