Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Integration with MS VisualStudio

Cummings__Jeffrey

I have MS VisualStudio version 15.9.7 installed on my Windows computer.  Intel C++/Fortran version 19, update 2 doesn't seem to recognize it.  Is this a known issue?  If so, what do I do?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Viet_H_Intel
0 Kudos
Cummings__Jeffrey

Is there a scheduled release date for a version 19 update which will integrate with MS VS 15.9

0 Kudos
Cummings__Jeffrey

I asked this question a week ago.  Are there no developers who monitor this forum?

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

I am told that IPSXE2019 Update 3 (release Mar/7) supports VS15.9. Can you try that version?

0 Kudos
Cummings__Jeffrey

I just tried the installer for update 3 and am still getting the message that no suitable VS environments can be found.  I did install VS 15.9 in a custom location rather than in the default.  Is it possible that the Intel installers don't know enough to look elsewhere?

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Do you have another system to install VS15.9 at the default location and then install Update 3?

0 Kudos
Cummings__Jeffrey

No, but I can uninstall and reinstall in the default location.  I installed in a custom location for reasons that are no longer relevant.

0 Kudos
Cummings__Jeffrey

OK, I have had success.  Thanks for your help.

You might want to add to the v 19, update 3 release notes:

Now supports MS VS v 15.9

MS VS needs to be installed in the default location

This last requirement should be considered a bug which needs to be fixed.

0 Kudos