Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Intel 19 on MacOS Xcode version 10.1

John_G_8
Beginner

My security plan requires me to stay up to date on Xcode releases. This means I am currently using Xcode 10.1. I tried to install the Intel 19 compilers (I assume the same problem applies to other packages as well) and the installation failed since the m_ccompxe_2019.1.034 only supports versions up to Xcode 10.0. I guess for now I give up on installing version 19. Is there a time frame for Xcode 10.1 support by the Intel compilers? I know I could install Xcode 10.0 in an alternate location. I just prefer not to deal with that hassle.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Zibble__Jesse
Beginner

This is a very gross work around, but appears to work:

1. Set this file to writable:  /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/version.plist
  2. Edit that file/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/version.plist
  3. Change the CFBundleShortVersionString value from 10.1 to 10.0
  4. Save the change. MAKE SURE THAT IT ACTUALLY SAVED. I would recommend double checking the last modified date on disk. Mine looked like it saved but did not and did not complain.
  5. Run the intel compiler installer. After it is complete.
  6. Change the CFBundleShortVersionString back to 10.1 from 10.0 and save again.
0 Kudos
Royi
Novice

I wish they just add a flag to ignore Minor Version number in the installer of ICC.

0 Kudos
Gragnani__Stefano

I have done the following:

Set this file to writable:  /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/version.plist

Edit that file/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/version.plist

Change the CFBundleShortVersionString value from 10.1 to 10.0

Save the change. MAKE SURE THAT IT ACTUALLY SAVED. I would recommend double checking the last modified date on disk. Mine looked like it saved but did not and did not complain.

Run the intel compiler installer. After it is complete.

Change the CFBundleShortVersionString back to 10.1 from 10.0 and save again.

and the compiler work in the terminal but there is no integration in Xcode 10.1 (it seems that the plugin is not installed in

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/Xcode3Core.ideplugin/Contents/SharedSupport/Developer/Library/Xcode/Plug-ins/)

0 Kudos
mercier__pascal
Beginner

Changing the CFBundleShortVersionString value from 10.1 to 10.0 prior to installing the Intel C/Fortran compilers will indeed allow for the Xcode plugins to be installed, but they will be so in /Library/Application Support/Developer/10.0/Xcode/Plug-ins. You will want to copy or move them to /Library/Application Support/Developer/10.1/Xcode/Plug-ins so that Xcode 10.1 can use them. Also, in Xcode you may have to go to File/Project Settings and change Build System to Legacy Build System to avoid errors during compilation/linking (see this link)

0 Kudos
Gragnani__Stefano

Thanks this solves my problem.

0 Kudos