Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Intel 64-bit Assembler

Jamils
Beginner
Hi there,
I would like to know if Intel has a 64-bit Assembler, if not, which assembler you recommend to use for Assembly Programming?
Thanks
0 Kudos
5 Replies
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

Intel has a 64-bit embedded assembler in its compiler itself. You can generate the assembly file by using the compiler options -S(windows) and -o(Linux). Please find the below link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/oneapi-dpcpp-cpp-compiler-dev-guide-and-reference/top/compiler-setup/using-the-command-line/specifying-assembly-files.html

Does your use case require a separate assembler? If so, can you elaborate on your use case?

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos
Jamils
Beginner
Thanks for reply,
This generates .asm file from .cpp file. Which is not my case.
I'm looking for an assembler for assembly programming based on Intel 64-bit
0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

Could you please confirm if you have the .asm file as an input file and if you need to generate the .o file as output using assembler? Can you please explain it with an example?

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

>>if Intel has a 64-bit Assembler

Intel does not have a separate assembler. As I mentioned in the previous post, we do have an assembler embedded in our compiler. Please let us know if we answered your query.

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos
VarshaS_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos