Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Intel 7.1 and .NET 2003 /CLR using MS compile problems

kilroytrout
Beginner
I'm evaluating the Intel 7.1 compiler and .NET 03. My problem is when the Intel compiler is integrated with .NET, it prevents me from compiling managed C++ (/CLR flag) projects using the *MS* compiler. I get the following error:

Assertion failed: false, file .Helper.cpp, line 464
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
newtrashme2 : error PRJ0002 : error result returned from '~vcecho!cCompiling...'.

Here is an easy way to reproduce this in .NET 03:

1. Create a new C++ Windows forms project.
2. Make sure the MS compiler is selected (Intel selects by default).
3. Try building the solution

Why is the Intel integration interfering with the MS compiler? If I disable the Intel integration, then no problems.

--jeff
Braid Media Arts
0 Kudos
6 Replies
aedakofs
Beginner
Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the delay in responding. If I create a Win Form Application (.NET) in MSVC .NET 2003 and build the solution, I do not encounter the error. But, if I convert the project to use the Intel Compiler, I do encounter an error; regardless of whether or not the Intel compiler is selected. A defect engineering report needs to be submitted.

I would like to discuss this issue further with you. Please send me email at developer.support@intel.com. Please include on the subject line '(Fwd to Andy D)'.

Thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
kilroytrout
Beginner
I sent you an email. Let me know if I can help.

thanks

--jeff
0 Kudos
atrekin
Beginner
I have the same problem with .NET and Intel 7.1 compiler. Is any solution exists for it?
0 Kudos
kzeitz
Beginner

Hi there...

I'm sorry I don't understand the cause of this either, it just suddenly happened and nowI can't build anything.

What I do know, is that it isn't anything intrinsic to do with just VC++7.1, Intel,or .Net.

I fired up my stock version of Dev Studio 6, and tried to build a console app and got the same error.

Clearly, it has something to do with the spawning off of the shell that the compiler runs under is failing. Why, or how to fix it I'm not sure of yet.

I'll post something if I figure it out. Please do the same.

Karlton

0 Kudos
atrekin
Beginner
What my own investigation shows.
I'm using Intel C++ Compiler 7.1 & MSVS .NET 2003 Enterprise Edition.
If we create C++ project Windows Forms Application (.NET) icl will be default compiler in it. If we look into project properties C++/Command line we'll see, that contrary to "normal" project (I mean the same project created before installing ICL) there are no /Fu options in command line. So NO files(dlls) added in references are added to command line. But, if we run all compiling from command line and add necessary references to /Fu options everything will be builded ok.
So, as a conclusion I can say that ICL brokesomething in both command line execution of compiler and in project creating? script, that added references to compiler command line. The most interesting thing, that it happens only for .NET projects for C++.
Anton
0 Kudos
atrekin
Beginner
Problem is resolved in ICL 8.0. It just doesn't allow you to use ICL insuch projects.

Message Edited by atrekin on 12-26-2003 01:03 AM

0 Kudos