Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7954 Discussions

Intel C++ 12.1. xilink : error #10036: unable to run 'link'

Weslien__Kaj-Robin
Hi,

I am trying to build a project using the Intel C++ compiler 12.1 (x64)
Under Visual Studio 2010 everything is fine, but when our TFS build engine (running MSBuild) tries to do the same I get this message:

xilink : error #10036: unable to run 'link'

When setting platform toolset to v100 the MSBuild action succeeds.

Here is a section from the (diagnostic) build log:

***** ClCompile (X64 - Intel C++) (TaskId:59)
Done executing task "Message". (TaskId:59)
Task "Delete" skipped, due to false condition; ('%(ClCompile.DebugInformationFormat)' != '' and '%(ClCompile.DebugInformationFormat)' != 'OldStyle' and '%(ClCompile.ProgramDataBaseFileName)' != '' and !Exists(%(ClCompile.ProgramDataBaseFileName))
and '%(ClCompile.UseMSVC)'!='true' and '%(ClCompile.InterproceduralOptimization)'!='MultiFile' and '%(ClCompile.LevelOfParallelAnalysis)'!='Brief' and '%(ClCompile.LevelOfParallelAnalysis)'!='Medium' and
'%(ClCompile.LevelOfParallelAnalysis)'!='Verbose') was evaluated as ('ProgramDatabase' != '' and 'ProgramDatabase' != 'OldStyle' and 'x64\\Release\\vc100.pdb' != '' and !Exists(x64\\Release\\vc100.pdb)
and 'false'!='true' and 'MultiFile'!='MultiFile' and 'None'!='Brief' and 'None'!='Medium' and
'None'!='Verbose').
Task "Delete" skipped, due to false condition; ('%(ClCompile.DebugInformationFormat)' != '' and '%(ClCompile.DebugInformationFormat)' != 'OldStyle' and '%(ClCompile.ProgramDataBaseFileName)' != '' and !Exists(%(ClCompile.ProgramDataBaseFileName))
and '%(ClCompile.UseMSVC)'!='true' and '%(ClCompile.InterproceduralOptimization)'!='MultiFile' and '%(ClCompile.LevelOfParallelAnalysis)'!='Brief' and '%(ClCompile.LevelOfParallelAnalysis)'!='Medium' and
'%(ClCompile.LevelOfParallelAnalysis)'!='Verbose') was evaluated as ('ProgramDatabase' != '' and 'ProgramDatabase' != 'OldStyle' and 'x64\\Release\\vc100.pdb' != '' and !Exists(x64\\Release\\vc100.pdb)
and 'false'!='true' and 'MultiFile'!='MultiFile' and 'None'!='Brief' and 'None'!='Medium' and
'None'!='Verbose').
Task "ICL" skipped, due to false condition; ('%(ClCompile.PrecompiledHeader)' == 'Create' and '%(ClCompile.ExcludedFromBuild)'!='true' and '%(ClCompile.UseMSVC)'!='true') was evaluated as ('' == 'Create' and ''!='true' and 'false'!='true').
Task "ICL" skipped, due to false condition; ('%(ClCompile.PrecompiledHeader)' == 'Create' and '%(ClCompile.ExcludedFromBuild)'!='true' and '%(ClCompile.UseMSVC)'!='true') was evaluated as ('Use' == 'Create' and ''!='true' and 'false'!='true').
Using "ICL" task from assembly "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Platforms\\x64\\PlatformToolsets\\Intel C++ Compiler 12.1\\Intel.Build.ICLTasks.X64.dll".
Task "ICL" (TaskId:60)
Forcing rebuild of all source files due to missing command tlog "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\x64\\Release\\icl.command.1.tlog". (TaskId:60)
C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Parallel Studio 2011\\Composer SP1\\bin\\ia32_Intel64\\icl.exe /c /Qvc10 /Qlocation,link,"$(VCInstallDir)\\bin\\x86_amd64" /I..\\..\\ThirdParty\\WpdPack\\Include /I..\\..\\CommonInclude\\ /I..\\..\\RolanGeneral\\RolanGeneral /I..\\..\\ThirdParty\\RapidXML /I..\\..\\ThirdParty\\ipp /Zi /nologo /W3 /O2 /Oi /Qipo /D DLLEXPORTIP /D WIN32 /D NDEBUG /D _WINDOWS /D _USRDLL /D EMPTY_EXPORTS /D _WINDLL /D _UNICODE /D UNICODE /EHsc /MD /GS /Gy /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Yc"StdAfx.h" /Fp"x64\\Release\\Empty.pch" /Fo"x64\\Release\\\\" /Fd"x64\\Release\\vc100.pdb" /TP stdafx.cpp (TaskId:60)
Tracking command: (TaskId:60)
c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v7.0A\\bin\\NETFX 4.0 Tools\\Tracker.exe /d C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\FileTracker.dll /i C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\x64\\Release /r C:\\BUILDS\\17\\ROLAN\\INTELTEST\\SOURCES\\PROJECTS\\ROLANSOURCE\\ROLAN\\INTELPROCESSING\\EMPTY\\STDAFX.CPP /b MSBuildConsole_CancelEvent07b7410a67d640d2aaaec0c9fa06939c /c "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Parallel Studio 2011\\Composer SP1\\bin\\ia32_Intel64\\icl.exe" /c /Qvc10 /Qlocation,link,"$(VCInstallDir)\\bin\\x86_amd64" /I..\\..\\ThirdParty\\WpdPack\\Include /I..\\..\\CommonInclude\\ /I..\\..\\RolanGeneral\\RolanGeneral /I..\\..\\ThirdParty\\RapidXML /I..\\..\\ThirdParty\\ipp /Zi /nologo /W3 /O2 /Oi /Qipo /D DLLEXPORTIP /D WIN32 /D NDEBUG /D _WINDOWS /D _USRDLL /D EMPTY_EXPORTS /D _WINDLL /D _UNICODE /D UNICODE /EHsc /MD /GS /Gy /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Yc"StdAfx.h" /Fp"x64\\Release\\Empty.pch" /Fo"x64\\Release\\\\" /Fd"x64\\Release\\vc100.pdb" /TP stdafx.cpp (TaskId:60)
stdafx.cpp (TaskId:60)
Done executing task "ICL". (TaskId:60)
Task "ICL" (TaskId:61)
Read Tracking Logs: (TaskId:61)
x64\\Release\\icl.read.1.tlog (TaskId:61)
x64\\Release\\icl-mcpcom.read.1.tlog (TaskId:61)
Outputs for C:\\BUILDS\\17\\ROLAN\\INTELTEST\\SOURCES\\PROJECTS\\ROLANSOURCE\\ROLAN\\INTELPROCESSING\\EMPTY\\DLLMAIN.CPP: (TaskId:61)
C:\\BUILDS\\17\\ROLAN\\INTELTEST\\SOURCES\\PROJECTS\\ROLANSOURCE\\ROLAN\\INTELPROCESSING\\EMPTY\\X64\\RELEASE\\DLLMAIN.OBJ (TaskId:61)
dllmain.cpp will be compiled as it was not found in the tracking log. (TaskId:61)
C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Parallel Studio 2011\\Composer SP1\\bin\\ia32_Intel64\\icl.exe /c /Qvc10 /Qlocation,link,"$(VCInstallDir)\\bin\\x86_amd64" /I..\\..\\ThirdParty\\WpdPack\\Include /I..\\..\\CommonInclude\\ /I..\\..\\RolanGeneral\\RolanGeneral /I..\\..\\ThirdParty\\RapidXML /I..\\..\\ThirdParty\\ipp /Zi /nologo /W3 /O2 /Oi /Qipo /D DLLEXPORTIP /D WIN32 /D NDEBUG /D _WINDOWS /D _USRDLL /D EMPTY_EXPORTS /D _WINDLL /D _UNICODE /D UNICODE /EHsc /MD /GS /Gy /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fo"x64\\Release\\\\" /Fd"x64\\Release\\vc100.pdb" /TP dllmain.cpp (TaskId:61)
Tracking command: (TaskId:61)
c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v7.0A\\bin\\NETFX 4.0 Tools\\Tracker.exe /d C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\FileTracker.dll /i C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\x64\\Release /r C:\\BUILDS\\17\\ROLAN\\INTELTEST\\SOURCES\\PROJECTS\\ROLANSOURCE\\ROLAN\\INTELPROCESSING\\EMPTY\\DLLMAIN.CPP /b MSBuildConsole_CancelEvent8c351b40999f4ef784ca0095c15ce89b /c "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Parallel Studio 2011\\Composer SP1\\bin\\ia32_Intel64\\icl.exe" /c /Qvc10 /Qlocation,link,"$(VCInstallDir)\\bin\\x86_amd64" /I..\\..\\ThirdParty\\WpdPack\\Include /I..\\..\\CommonInclude\\ /I..\\..\\RolanGeneral\\RolanGeneral /I..\\..\\ThirdParty\\RapidXML /I..\\..\\ThirdParty\\ipp /Zi /nologo /W3 /O2 /Oi /Qipo /D DLLEXPORTIP /D WIN32 /D NDEBUG /D _WINDOWS /D _USRDLL /D EMPTY_EXPORTS /D _WINDLL /D _UNICODE /D UNICODE /EHsc /MD /GS /Gy /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fo"x64\\Release\\\\" /Fd"x64\\Release\\vc100.pdb" /TP dllmain.cpp (TaskId:61)
dllmain.cpp (TaskId:61)
Done executing task "ICL". (TaskId:61)
Task "ICL" (TaskId:62)
Read Tracking Logs: (TaskId:62)
x64\\Release\\icl.read.1.tlog (TaskId:62)
x64\\Release\\icl-mcpcom.read.1.tlog (TaskId:62)
Outputs for C:\\BUILDS\\17\\ROLAN\\INTELTEST\\SOURCES\\PROJECTS\\ROLANSOURCE\\ROLAN\\INTELPROCESSING\\EMPTY\\FILTERCOLLECTION.CPP|C:\\BUILDS\\17\\ROLAN\\INTELTEST\\SOURCES\\PROJECTS\\ROLANSOURCE\\ROLAN\\INTELPROCESSING\\EMPTY\\INTELPROCESSING.CPP|C:\\BUILDS\\17\\ROLAN\\INTELTEST\\SOURCES\\PROJECTS\\ROLANSOURCE\\ROLAN\\INTELPROCESSING\\EMPTY\\MATHHELPERS.CPP: (TaskId:62)
C:\\BUILDS\\17\\ROLAN\\INTELTEST\\SOURCES\\PROJECTS\\ROLANSOURCE\\ROLAN\\INTELPROCESSING\\EMPTY\\X64\\RELEASE\\FILTERCOLLECTION.OBJ (TaskId:62)
C:\\BUILDS\\17\\ROLAN\\INTELTEST\\SOURCES\\PROJECTS\\ROLANSOURCE\\ROLAN\\INTELPROCESSING\\EMPTY\\X64\\RELEASE\\INTELPROCESSING.OBJ (TaskId:62)
C:\\BUILDS\\17\\ROLAN\\INTELTEST\\SOURCES\\PROJECTS\\ROLANSOURCE\\ROLAN\\INTELPROCESSING\\EMPTY\\X64\\RELEASE\\MATHHELPERS.OBJ (TaskId:62)
FilterCollection.cpp will be compiled as it was not found in the tracking log. (TaskId:62)
IntelProcessing.cpp will be compiled as it was not found in the tracking log. (TaskId:62)
MathHelpers.cpp will be compiled as it was not found in the tracking log. (TaskId:62)
C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Parallel Studio 2011\\Composer SP1\\bin\\ia32_Intel64\\icl.exe /c /Qvc10 /Qlocation,link,"$(VCInstallDir)\\bin\\x86_amd64" /I..\\..\\ThirdParty\\WpdPack\\Include /I..\\..\\CommonInclude\\ /I..\\..\\RolanGeneral\\RolanGeneral /I..\\..\\ThirdParty\\RapidXML /I..\\..\\ThirdParty\\ipp /Zi /nologo /W3 /O2 /Oi /Qipo /D DLLEXPORTIP /D WIN32 /D NDEBUG /D _WINDOWS /D _USRDLL /D EMPTY_EXPORTS /D _WINDLL /D _UNICODE /D UNICODE /EHsc /MD /GS /Gy /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Yu"StdAfx.h" /Fp"x64\\Release\\Empty.pch" /Fo"x64\\Release\\\\" /Fd"x64\\Release\\vc100.pdb" /TP FilterCollection.cpp IntelProcessing.cpp MathHelpers.cpp (TaskId:62)
Tracking command: (TaskId:62)
c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v7.0A\\bin\\NETFX 4.0 Tools\\Tracker.exe /d C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\FileTracker.dll /i C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\x64\\Release /r "C:\\BUILDS\\17\\ROLAN\\INTELTEST\\SOURCES\\PROJECTS\\ROLANSOURCE\\ROLAN\\INTELPROCESSING\\EMPTY\\FILTERCOLLECTION.CPP|C:\\BUILDS\\17\\ROLAN\\INTELTEST\\SOURCES\\PROJECTS\\ROLANSOURCE\\ROLAN\\INTELPROCESSING\\EMPTY\\INTELPROCESSING.CPP|C:\\BUILDS\\17\\ROLAN\\INTELTEST\\SOURCES\\PROJECTS\\ROLANSOURCE\\ROLAN\\INTELPROCESSING\\EMPTY\\MATHHELPERS.CPP" /b MSBuildConsole_CancelEvent86cbf4c229ed46d7bb161a6232168635 /c "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Parallel Studio 2011\\Composer SP1\\bin\\ia32_Intel64\\icl.exe" /c /Qvc10 /Qlocation,link,"$(VCInstallDir)\\bin\\x86_amd64" /I..\\..\\ThirdParty\\WpdPack\\Include /I..\\..\\CommonInclude\\ /I..\\..\\RolanGeneral\\RolanGeneral /I..\\..\\ThirdParty\\RapidXML /I..\\..\\ThirdParty\\ipp /Zi /nologo /W3 /O2 /Oi /Qipo /D DLLEXPORTIP /D WIN32 /D NDEBUG /D _WINDOWS /D _USRDLL /D EMPTY_EXPORTS /D _WINDLL /D _UNICODE /D UNICODE /EHsc /MD /GS /Gy /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Yu"StdAfx.h" /Fp"x64\\Release\\Empty.pch" /Fo"x64\\Release\\\\" /Fd"x64\\Release\\vc100.pdb" /TP FilterCollection.cpp IntelProcessing.cpp MathHelpers.cpp (TaskId:62)
FilterCollection.cpp (TaskId:62)
FilterCollection.cpp(886): warning #161: unrecognized #pragma
#pragma omp parallel for (TaskId:62)
^ (TaskId:62)
(TaskId:62)
IntelProcessing.cpp (TaskId:62)
MathHelpers.cpp (TaskId:62)
Done executing task "ICL". (TaskId:62)
Task "ICL" skipped, due to false condition; ('%(ClCompile.PrecompiledHeader)' != 'Create' and '%(ClCompile.ExcludedFromBuild)'!='true' and '%(ClCompile.UseMSVC)'!='true') was evaluated as ('Create' != 'Create' and ''!='true' and 'false'!='true').
and '%(ClCompile.UseMSVC)'=='true') was evaluated as ('ProgramDatabase' != '' and 'ProgramDatabase' != 'OldStyle' and 'x64\\Release\\vc100.pdb' != '' and !Exists(x64\\Release\\vc100.pdb)
and 'false'=='true').
and '%(ClCompile.UseMSVC)'=='true') was evaluated as ('ProgramDatabase' != '' and 'ProgramDatabase' != 'OldStyle' and 'x64\\Release\\vc100.pdb' != '' and !Exists(x64\\Release\\vc100.pdb)
and 'false'=='true').
Task "CL" skipped, due to false condition; ('%(ClCompile.PrecompiledHeader)' == 'Create' and '%(ClCompile.ExcludedFromBuild)'!='true' and '%(ClCompile.UseMSVC)'=='true') was evaluated as ('' == 'Create' and ''!='true' and 'false'=='true').
Task "CL" skipped, due to false condition; ('%(ClCompile.PrecompiledHeader)' == 'Create' and '%(ClCompile.ExcludedFromBuild)'!='true' and '%(ClCompile.UseMSVC)'=='true') was evaluated as ('Use' == 'Create' and ''!='true' and 'false'=='true').
Task "CL" skipped, due to false condition; ('%(ClCompile.PrecompiledHeader)' == 'Create' and '%(ClCompile.ExcludedFromBuild)'!='true' and '%(ClCompile.UseMSVC)'=='true') was evaluated as ('Create' == 'Create' and ''!='true' and 'false'=='true').
Task "CL" skipped, due to false condition; ('%(ClCompile.PrecompiledHeader)' != 'Create' and '%(ClCompile.ExcludedFromBuild)'!='true' and '%(ClCompile.UseMSVC)'=='true') was evaluated as ('' != 'Create' and ''!='true' and 'false'=='true').
Task "CL" skipped, due to false condition; ('%(ClCompile.PrecompiledHeader)' != 'Create' and '%(ClCompile.ExcludedFromBuild)'!='true' and '%(ClCompile.UseMSVC)'=='true') was evaluated as ('Use' != 'Create' and ''!='true' and 'false'=='true').
Task "CL" skipped, due to false condition; ('%(ClCompile.PrecompiledHeader)' != 'Create' and '%(ClCompile.ExcludedFromBuild)'!='true' and '%(ClCompile.UseMSVC)'=='true') was evaluated as ('Create' != 'Create' and ''!='true' and 'false'=='true').
Done building target "ClCompile" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:137)
Target "AfterClCompile: (TargetId:138)" in file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "_ClCompile" depends on it):
Done building target "AfterClCompile" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:138)
Target "_ClCompile: (TargetId:139)" in file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "BuildCompile" depends on it):
Done building target "_ClCompile" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:139)
Target "_ResGen" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(EmbeddedResource)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='').
Target "BeforeResourceCompile: (TargetId:140)" in file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "_ResourceCompile" depends on it):
Done building target "BeforeResourceCompile" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:140)
Target "MakeDirsForResourceCompile: (TargetId:141)" in file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "_ResourceCompile" depends on it):
Task "MakeDir" (TaskId:63)
Done executing task "MakeDir". (TaskId:63)
Done building target "MakeDirsForResourceCompile" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:141)
Target "ResourceCompile" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(ResourceCompile)' != '') was evaluated as ('' != '').
Target "AfterResourceCompile: (TargetId:142)" in file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "_ResourceCompile" depends on it):
Done building target "AfterResourceCompile" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:142)
Target "_ResourceCompile: (TargetId:143)" in file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "BuildCompile" depends on it):
Done building target "_ResourceCompile" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:143)
Target "_ImpLib" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(ImpLibCompiled)' == 'true') was evaluated as ('' == 'true').
Target "_Lib" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(LibCompiled)' == 'true') was evaluated as ('' == 'true').
Target "AfterBuildCompileEvent: (TargetId:144)" in file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "BuildCompile" depends on it):
Done building target "AfterBuildCompileEvent" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:144)
Target "BuildCompile: (TargetId:145)" in file "C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\Microsoft.Common.Targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "Build" depends on it):
Done building target "BuildCompile" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:145)
Target "AssignProjectConfiguration" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(ProjectReference)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='').
Target "_SplitProjectReferencesByFileExistence" skipped. Previously built successfully.
Target "BuildLinkTraverse: (TargetId:146)" in file "C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\Microsoft.Common.Targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "BuildLink" depends on it):
Task "MSBuild" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(BuildPassReferences)' == 'true' and '@(ProjectReferenceWithConfiguration)' != '' and '@(_MSBuildProjectReferenceExistent)' != '' and '%(_MSBuildProjectReferenceExistent.BuildReference)' == 'true') was evaluated as ('' == 'true' and '' != '' and '' != '' and '' == 'true').
Done building target "BuildLinkTraverse" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:146)
Target "SetBuildDefaultEnvironmentVariables" skipped. Previously built successfully.
Target "SetUserMacroEnvironmentVariables" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(BuildMacro)' != '') was evaluated as ('' != '').
Target "PrepareForBuild" skipped. Previously built successfully.
Target "ResolveReferences" skipped. Previously built successfully.
Target "BeforeLink: (TargetId:147)" in file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "_Link" depends on it):
Done building target "BeforeLink" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:147)
Target "ComputeRCOutputs: (TargetId:148)" in file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "ComputeRCGeneratedLinkInputs" depends on it):
Done building target "ComputeRCOutputs" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:148)
Target "ComputeRCGeneratedLinkInputs: (TargetId:149)" in file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Platforms\\x64\\PlatformToolsets\\Intel C++ Compiler 12.1\\Microsoft.Cpp.x64.Intel C++ Compiler 12.1.targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "_Link" depends on it):
Done building target "ComputeRCGeneratedLinkInputs" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:149)
Target "ComputeManifestGeneratedLinkerInputs: (TargetId:150)" in file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "_Link" depends on it):
Done building target "ComputeManifestGeneratedLinkerInputs" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:150)
Target "ComputeCustomBuildOutput: (TargetId:151)" in file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "_Link" depends on it):
Task "MakeDir" (TaskId:64)
Done executing task "MakeDir". (TaskId:64)
Done building target "ComputeCustomBuildOutput" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:151)
Target "ComputeMIDLGeneratedCompileInputs" skipped. Previously built successfully.
Target "ComputeCLInputPDBName" skipped. Previously built successfully.
Target "ComputeReferenceCLInput" skipped. Previously built successfully.
Target "ComputeCLOutputs: (TargetId:152)" in file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "ComputeCLGeneratedLinkInputs" depends on it):
Done building target "ComputeCLOutputs" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:152)
Target "ComputeCLGeneratedLinkInputs: (TargetId:153)" in file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "_Link" depends on it):
Done building target "ComputeCLGeneratedLinkInputs" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:153)
Target "ComputeLinkInputsFromProject: (TargetId:154)" in file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "_Link" depends on it):
Done building target "ComputeLinkInputsFromProject" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:154)
Target "ComputeReferenceLinkInputs" skipped, due to false condition; (@(ProjectReference) != '') was evaluated as ( != '').
Target "ComputeManifestInputsTargets: (TargetId:155)" in file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "_Link" depends on it):
Done building target "ComputeManifestInputsTargets" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:155)
Target "ManifestResourceCompile" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(EmbedManifestBy)' == 'LINK') was evaluated as ('MT' == 'LINK').
Target "AssignWinFXEmbeddedResource" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(WinFXEmbeddedResource)' != '') was evaluated as ('' != '').
Target "AssignTargetPaths: (TargetId:156)" in file "C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\Microsoft.Common.Targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "PrepareResourceNames" depends on it):
Task "AssignTargetPath" (TaskId:65)
Done executing task "AssignTargetPath". (TaskId:65)
Task "AssignTargetPath" (TaskId:66)
Done executing task "AssignTargetPath". (TaskId:66)
Task "AssignTargetPath" (TaskId:67)
Done executing task "AssignTargetPath". (TaskId:67)
Task "AssignTargetPath" (TaskId:68)
Done executing task "AssignTargetPath". (TaskId:68)
Task "AssignTargetPath" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(_DeploymentBaseManifestWithTargetPath)'=='' and '%(None.Extension)'=='.manifest') was evaluated as (''=='' and '.txt'=='.manifest').
Done building target "AssignTargetPaths" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:156)
Target "AssignTargetPaths" skipped. Previously built successfully.
Target "SplitResourcesByCulture: (TargetId:157)" in file "C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\Microsoft.Common.Targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "PrepareResourceNames" depends on it):
Task "Warning" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(ResxWithNoCulture)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='').
Task "Warning" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(ResxWithCulture)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='').
Task "Warning" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(NonResxWithCulture)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='').
Task "Warning" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(NonResxWithNoCulture)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='').
Task "AssignCulture" (TaskId:69)
Done executing task "AssignCulture". (TaskId:69)
Done building target "SplitResourcesByCulture" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:157)
Target "CreateManifestResourceNames" skipped, due to false condition; ('@(EmbeddedResource)' != '') was evaluated as ('' != '').
Target "CreateCustomManifestResourceNames: (TargetId:158)" in file "C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\Microsoft.Common.Targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "PrepareResourceNames" depends on it):
Done building target "CreateCustomManifestResourceNames" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:158)
Target "PrepareResourceNames: (TargetId:159)" in file "C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\Microsoft.Common.Targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "_Link" depends on it):
Done building target "PrepareResourceNames" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:159)
Target "MakeDirsForLink: (TargetId:160)" in file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "_Link" depends on it):
Task "MakeDir" (TaskId:70)
Done executing task "MakeDir". (TaskId:70)
Done building target "MakeDirsForLink" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:160)
Target "DoLinkOutputFilesMatch: (TargetId:161)" in file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "_Link" depends on it):
Task "VCMessage" skipped, due to false condition; ('%(_OutputFileFromLink.FullPath)' != '$([System.IO.Path]::GetFullPath($(TargetPath)))') was evaluated as ('C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Binaries\\Empty.dll' != 'C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Binaries\\Empty.dll').
Task "VCMessage" skipped, due to false condition; ('%(_OutputFileFromLink.Extension)' != '$(TargetExt)') was evaluated as ('.dll' != '.dll').
Task "VCMessage" skipped, due to false condition; ('%(_OutputFileFromLink.Filename)' != '$(TargetName)') was evaluated as ('Empty' != 'Empty').
Done building target "DoLinkOutputFilesMatch" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:161)
Target "PreLinkEvent: (TargetId:162)" in file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "_Link" depends on it):
Task "Message" skipped, due to false condition; ('%(PreLinkEvent.Message)' != '' and '%(PreLinkEvent.Command)' != '') was evaluated as ('' != '' and '' != '').
Task "Exec" skipped, due to false condition; ('%(PreLinkEvent.Command)' != '') was evaluated as ('' != '').
Done building target "PreLinkEvent" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:162)
Target "Before_Link: (TargetId:163)" in file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Platforms\\x64\\PlatformToolsets\\Intel C++ Compiler 12.1\\Microsoft.Cpp.x64.Intel C++ Compiler 12.1.targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "Link" depends on it):
Done building target "Before_Link" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:163)
Target "MessageLinkPerformingSC: (TargetId:164)" in file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Platforms\\x64\\PlatformToolsets\\Intel C++ Compiler 12.1\\Microsoft.Cpp.x64.Intel C++ Compiler 12.1.targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "Link" depends on it):
Task "ICMessage" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(_LevelOfParallelAnalysis)' != '' OR '$(_AnalyzeIncludeFiles)' == 'true') was evaluated as ('' != '' OR '' == 'true').
Done building target "MessageLinkPerformingSC" in project "Empty.vcxproj".: (TargetId:164)
Target "Link: (TargetId:165)" in file "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Platforms\\x64\\PlatformToolsets\\Intel C++ Compiler 12.1\\Microsoft.Cpp.x64.Intel C++ Compiler 12.1.targets" from project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (target "_Link" depends on it):
Using "XILINK" task from assembly "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Platforms\\x64\\PlatformToolsets\\Intel C++ Compiler 12.1\\Intel.Build.ICLTasks.X64.dll".
Task "XILINK" (TaskId:71)
Forcing rebuild of all source files due to missing command tlog "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\x64\\Release\\xilink.command.1.tlog". (TaskId:71)
C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Parallel Studio 2011\\Composer SP1\\bin\\ia32_Intel64\\xilink.exe /OUT:"C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Binaries\\Empty.dll" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /LIBPATH:C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Binaries\\ /LIBPATH:..\\..\\ThirdParty\\Ipp_x64 ippi.lib ipps.lib RolanGeneral.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib /MANIFEST /ManifestFile:"x64\\Release\\Empty.dll.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Binaries\\Empty.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /OPT:REF /OPT:ICF /TLBID:1 /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /IMPLIB:"C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Binaries\\Empty.lib" /MACHINE:X64 /DLL x64\\Release\\dllmain.obj
x64\\Release\\FilterCollection.obj
x64\\Release\\IntelProcessing.obj
x64\\Release\\MathHelpers.obj
x64\\Release\\stdafx.obj (TaskId:71)
Tracking command: (TaskId:71)
c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v7.0A\\bin\\NETFX 4.0 Tools\\Tracker.exe /d C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\FileTracker.dll /i C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\x64\\Release /r "C:\\BUILDS\\17\\ROLAN\\INTELTEST\\SOURCES\\PROJECTS\\ROLANSOURCE\\ROLAN\\INTELPROCESSING\\EMPTY\\X64\\RELEASE\\DLLMAIN.OBJ|C:\\BUILDS\\17\\ROLAN\\INTELTEST\\SOURCES\\PROJECTS\\ROLANSOURCE\\ROLAN\\INTELPROCESSING\\EMPTY\\X64\\RELEASE\\FILTERCOLLECTION.OBJ|C:\\BUILDS\\17\\ROLAN\\INTELTEST\\SOURCES\\PROJECTS\\ROLANSOURCE\\ROLAN\\INTELPROCESSING\\EMPTY\\X64\\RELEASE\\INTELPROCESSING.OBJ|C:\\BUILDS\\17\\ROLAN\\INTELTEST\\SOURCES\\PROJECTS\\ROLANSOURCE\\ROLAN\\INTELPROCESSING\\EMPTY\\X64\\RELEASE\\MATHHELPERS.OBJ|C:\\BUILDS\\17\\ROLAN\\INTELTEST\\SOURCES\\PROJECTS\\ROLANSOURCE\\ROLAN\\INTELPROCESSING\\EMPTY\\X64\\RELEASE\\STDAFX.OBJ" /b MSBuildConsole_CancelEventbd393444f4b14e76b50b36b459d19aac /c "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Parallel Studio 2011\\Composer SP1\\bin\\ia32_Intel64\\xilink.exe" /OUT:"C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Binaries\\Empty.dll" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /LIBPATH:C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Binaries\\ /LIBPATH:..\\..\\ThirdParty\\Ipp_x64 ippi.lib ipps.lib RolanGeneral.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib /MANIFEST /ManifestFile:"x64\\Release\\Empty.dll.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Binaries\\Empty.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /OPT:REF /OPT:ICF /TLBID:1 /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /IMPLIB:"C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Binaries\\Empty.lib" /MACHINE:X64 /DLL x64\\Release\\dllmain.obj
x64\\Release\\FilterCollection.obj
x64\\Release\\IntelProcessing.obj
x64\\Release\\MathHelpers.obj
x64\\Release\\stdafx.obj (TaskId:71)
xilink: executing 'link' (TaskId:71)
xilink : error #10036: unable to run 'link'
The command exited with code -1. (TaskId:71)
Done executing task "XILINK" -- FAILED. (TaskId:71)
Done building target "Link" in project "Empty.vcxproj" -- FAILED.: (TargetId:165)
Done Building Project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Done executing task "MSBuild" -- FAILED. (TaskId:44)
Done building target "Build" in project "Empty.vcxproj.metaproj" -- FAILED.: (TargetId:99)
Done Building Project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\Solutions\\Kaj\\Intel\\..\\..\\..\\IntelProcessing\\Empty\\Empty.vcxproj.metaproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Done executing task "MSBuild" -- FAILED. (TaskId:42)
Done building target "Build" in project "Intel.sln" -- FAILED.: (TargetId:5)
Done Building Project "C:\\Builds\\17\\RoLAN\\IntelTest\\Sources\\projects\\rolansource\\RoLAN\\Solutions\\Kaj\\Intel\\Intel.sln" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Any ideas are appreciated.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous66
Valued Contributor I
Hi kajwes,

Since this question is specific to Intel C++, I am moving it to the C++ forum.
0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I
No ideas but I had the same problem here.

Check this thread, maybe it also fixes your problem.

0 Kudos
JenniferJ
I checked with our IDE engineer on this issue and no idea on why still.

As suggested by Igro, could you check if your env-var "path" contain valid info?

Jennifer
0 Kudos
JenniferJ

Can you check this?

I saw that "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\bin\ia32_Intel64\icl.exe" is used when building under the TFS. do you see the same icl.exe used within VS2010 IDE ?

Jennifer

0 Kudos