Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Intel C++ 9.1

davita
Beginner
hello
anyone knows when C++ 9.1 will be avalaible? and there would be some performance improvements?
thanks
0 Kudos
7 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
I doubt anyone could give more than a rough expectation about when 9.1 would transition from beta to release, maybe around March, if all goes well. I wouldn't expect big differences in performance across the board. Vectorized code, particularly under OpenMP, should see improvements. It shouldn't affect your purchase plans. If all you are looking for is performance improvement for currently supported platforms, your license will be good for all versions, 9.0 upgrades will continue, and you can adopt 9.1 as it becomes convenient.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Tim's comments are not quite correct. 9.1 will be a replacement for 9.0 and, as it was with 8.1 and 8.0, updates to 9.0 will stop once 9.1 is out. Unlike with 8.1, though, you will be able to have both 9.0 and 9.1 on the system and switch between them as desired. Tim's suggested timeframe for 9.1 is also a bit optimistic, but I can't talk about release dates at this time.

We ALWAYS are doing performance enhancements, and 9.1 is no different. Note that whenever you buy an Intel compiler, you get any update or upgrade released in the next 12 months at no charge.
0 Kudos
quince
Beginner
I hope it comes out before I graduate this spring and lose my student discount...

Message Edited by Quince on 02-06-2006 05:55 PM

0 Kudos
john5
Beginner
Is there any chance of getting the VS2005 integration as possibly a separate download so we don't have to wait until april? We're in the process of converting to VS2005 and not having the Intel compiler for a couple of months will be painful ...
0 Kudos
Ganesh_R_Intel
Employee

Phoenxhwk,

I am sorry you are having to wait till April.

Could youconsider applying for the 9.1 compiler beta program by logging into the premier.intel.com support network?

Cheers,

Ganesh

0 Kudos
john5
Beginner
How do I get entry to the Beta program? I cannot find anything on premier.intel.com ...
0 Kudos
John_O_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You can create a new issue requesting access to the beta program.

_|ohnO

0 Kudos