Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Intel C++ Compiler 17 - Access violation or stack overflow. Please contact Intel Support for assistance.

gunes_k_
Beginner

I compile project in Visual Studio 2015 with Intel C++ Compiler 17 without any error. Modify some codes and compile again without any errors again.

But when I shutdown the computer and turn on again, compiler fails and throws this into output screen:

1>": : error : ** The compiler has encountered an unexpected problem.
1>  ** Segmentation violation signal raised. **
1>  Access violation or stack overflow. Please contact Intel Support for assistance.
1>
1>  compilation aborted for ..\..\Sources\Shared\UnitTypes.cpp (code 4)

Last line can be anything. It isn't because of UnitTypes.cpp. It can be any class file in later errors. And in error list:

** The compiler has encountered an unexpected problem.   

After that I have to build and compile the whole solution and it takes too much time. Everytime when I shutdown computer and open again, I have to do that.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Viet_H_Intel

We have not seen this before and need to have a way to reproduce it to understand what might have happened.

Can you try it on another system to see if the error still occurs?

Regards,

Viet Hoang

0 Kudos
Armando_L_A_
New Contributor I

I just found the same problem. 

Intel Compiler 2017,  C99 project.

Compiler options:

/GS- /TC /Qopenmp /Qcheck-pointers:rw /GA /Qrestrict /Qftz /W4 /QxSSE3 /Zc:wchar_t /Zi /O3 /Ob2 /Fd"x64\Release\vc140.pdb" /fp:fast=2 /Quse-intel-optimized-headers /Qcheck-pointers-dangling:all /D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "MYSDL_MEVIS" /D "_MBCS" /Qipo /Zc:forScope /GR- /Qopt-matmul /Oi /MT /QaxCORE-AVX2 /Fa"x64\Release\" /nologo /Fo"x64\Release\" /Qprof-dir "x64\Release\" /Qstd=c99 /Ot /Fp"x64\Release\CAT3D.pch"

Plus additional options:

/Qdiag-disable:1786,2557,3280,344,1879  /Qprec-div-  /Qlong-double

0 Kudos