Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

[Intel C++ Compiler for Android] Detailed System Support about ARM & GNU

Hide10
Beginner

Hello Forum member,

I want to know detailed ARM architecture and GNU C++ Compiler supports about Intel C++ Compiler for Android.

1.Exact product name and version of ARM & GNU C++ Compiler which are supported in Intel C++ Compiler for Android.
   (Does This compiler cover what kind of system?)

2.Is there the support when I can't understand  setting and operation method of ARM & GNU C++ Compiler? 
3.What is the merit of including ARM & GNU C++ Compiler in Intel C++ Compiler for Android?

Thank you for your help.
Best regards,
Hide10

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TimP
Honored Contributor III

The posted descriptions seem clear that the intel compiler doesn't affect the arm support in the android sdk. I thought it was based on llvm (note the availability of a MacOS host). The point is to support intel cpus.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/android/articles/intel-c-compiler-for-android-frequently-asked-questions

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

The posted descriptions seem clear that the intel compiler doesn't affect the arm support in the android sdk. I thought it was based on llvm (note the availability of a MacOS host). The point is to support intel cpus.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/android/articles/intel-c-compiler-for-android-frequently-asked-questions

0 Kudos
Hide10
Beginner

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your reply.

I was understanding mistaken about this problem.
I could have correct understandings.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Hideto

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

The Intel C++ Compiler for Android contains only the Intel C++ compiler for Intel x86 architecture. It does not contain other compilers.

See the "Getting Started Guide" under the "Documentation" on how to use Intel C++ Compiler from a command window or Eclipse.

Jennifer

0 Kudos
Hide10
Beginner

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for your comment.

I didn't know how to investigate the Intel products.
I read the Getting Started Guide.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Hideto

0 Kudos