Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Intel C++ Compiler in CodeBlocks or other IDE

Flotte__Daniel
Beginner

Is possible to use the Intel c++ compiler (Windows) in a IDE that is not Visual Studio? I tryied in Code::Blocks but i cannot even find the Compiler file

0 Kudos
3 Replies
aazue
New Contributor I

Hi,
Maybe, you could use (Geany) ,two versions exist that are work on Linux and Window. you have more complex by example (Emacs or Xemacs) but require two or three lives to explore all his functions.
Regards

I complete to you some information
Long time now i don't use your operating system, I have made some test actualized for evaluate your problem.
CodeBlocks(17.2) work perfectly.
I have test also cmake-3.12.1 that work also perfectly.
I think you have also (meson) and (ninja) ( on side Python) for the operating system that you use
for generate the build
Regards

0 Kudos
Flotte__Daniel
Beginner

Hello, i see that you are able to do what i have been trying to for 1 day, if you configurate CodeBlocks, how you do it? Where did you find the file where the compiler is? Because that's the only problem that i have. Thank you for the information anyways!

Regards

0 Kudos
aazue
New Contributor I

Hi
Read here

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Installing_a_supported_compiler

Intel C++ Compiler

Please note that on Windows platform, Intel C/C++ compiler requires Microsoft Visual C++[7]
to be present in your system in order to function properly. It will not compile any C++ program without it.
You should also note that Windows SDK[8] shall be installed in order to compile Windows app.

Code::Blocks (C::B) is now able to detect (from svn revision 4967 onwards)
Intel C/C++ compiler and it'll then automatically setup the MSVC compiler so that the Intel compiler works as intended.
However if you wish to manually install the Intel C/C++ compiler, then follow the following steps.
etc .....

About: (Where did you find the file where the compiler is)
When Code::Blocks loaded
Menu
Settings
       -> compiler
          Select Compiler (Intel compiler is on the list choice)
                 -> Toolchain executables
The path is given if compiler auto detected
You can define all options for several  compilers   (path , flags, linker etc...)

Even LLVM (Clang  version 6.0.1) require also Visual Studio installation,without, among others,
(able standalone),you can use  TDM GCC (it's gcc compiler  version  5.1.0) you have two versions 32 & 64

Regards

0 Kudos