Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Intel C++ Composer XE 2011

Wu__YB
Beginner

Hi, recently for my academic research, I have been working on a MATLAB toolbox whose C++ source code can be compiled by Intel C++ compiler.

Since this toolbox is known to be compatible with MATLAB R2012b, and the Intel C++ compiler which is compatible with such version of MATLAB is the one with Intel C++ Composer XE 2011 (Reference Link: https://www.mathworks.com/content/dam/mathworks/mathworks-dot-com/support/sysreq/files/SystemRequirements-Release2012b_SupportedCompilers.pdf). And my research computer is running Window 7 64-bit.

I have inspect the compiling script of this MATLAB toolbox. It involves the paths as below:

path_to_compiler_libraries='C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE\compiler\lib\intel64\';
        path_to_compiler='C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE\bin\intel64\';
        path_to_compiler_include='C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE\compiler\include\';
        path_to_vs='C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\amd64\';

Therefore, I am looking for download of Intel C++ Composer XE 2011. However, it seems the official site does not provide this old version anymore. Today I have and only able to register for Intel Studio XE 2018. I may try to install XE 2018 to see if it is compatible with MATLAB R2012b and the mentioned toolbox but it is not guaranteed. So at this moment, I want to first confirm if there is any available download for XE 2011.

Does anyone have any idea? Thanks very much for your help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Viet_H_Intel

The Intel C++ Composer XE 2011 is no longer a supported version. So you wont be able to download it from our registration center website.

Thanks,

Viet

0 Kudos
Wu__YB
Beginner
Thanks for your reply. Recently I have found a download source of XE 2011 and installed. Everything is fine, even the compilation of the MATLAB toolbox with Intel C++ Compiler succeeded. Now my last question is, this installed XE 2011 is a trial version for 31 days. Is it possible for me to activate this XE 2011 by academic/student license? Thanks very much.
0 Kudos