Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7957 Discussions

Intel C++ Eclipse product extension for Intel 64

vsharma002
Beginner
Hi,

I have installed Eclipse platform 3.5.0, Eclipse CDT 6.0 on Intel 64 architecture. Now I am trying to integrate Intel C++ product extension to Eclipse platformwhere Iencounter an issue. I followed the steps provided in Intel C++ Compiler 11.0 installation guide for Linux.
Open the "Software Updates and Add-ons" page by selecting:
Help > Software Updates...
Select the "Available Software" tab.
Select "Add Site..." and then "Local...". A directory browser will open. Browse to select the eclipse directory in your Intel C++ compiler installation.
I selected /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/046/eclipse_support/cdt6.0/eclipse and clicked"OK" to close the directory browser. Then select "OK" to close the Add Site dialog. At this point the Eclipse should have prompted me for installing C++ Compiler and the documentation. Instead the Eclipse is unable to find any package.

Please help in resolving the issue.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
vsharma002
Beginner
Quoting - vsharma002
Hi,

I have installed Eclipse platform 3.5.0, Eclipse CDT 6.0 on Intel 64 architecture. Now I am trying to integrate Intel C++ product extension to Eclipse platformwhere Iencounter an issue. I followed the steps provided in Intel C++ Compiler 11.0 installation guide for Linux.
Open the "Software Updates and Add-ons" page by selecting:
Help > Software Updates...
Select the "Available Software" tab.
Select "Add Site..." and then "Local...". A directory browser will open. Browse to select the eclipse directory in your Intel C++ compiler installation.
I selected /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/046/eclipse_support/cdt6.0/eclipse and clicked"OK" to close the directory browser. Then select "OK" to close the Add Site dialog. At this point the Eclipse should have prompted me for installing C++ Compiler and the documentation. Instead the Eclipse is unable to find any package.

Please help in resolving the issue.

Thank you.

Hi there,

Is there anybody who can help with my issue?

Please help.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Miwako_T_Intel
Employee
Hi, there.
What happens if you click on "Group items by category" so that it's unselected?
Do you then see Intel plug-in's then?

0 Kudos
vsharma002
Beginner
Quoting - miwako
Hi, there.
What happens if you click on "Group items by category" so that it's unselected?
Do you then see Intel plug-in's then?

Thank you, that seems to have done the trick. It worked. I am able to see Intel compiler plug-in and have installed them. Though one question regarding the plug-in for debugger. Is deugger not supported for CDT 6.0? The only feature/plug-in I see is for CDT 5.0.

Please let me know. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Miwako_T_Intel
Employee
Hi. I am glad it worked.

You're right. The Intel Debugger is not available from inside the Eclipse environment with CDT6 for that version of 11.1. (FYI, this info is in [package installdir]/Documentation/en_US/Release_NoteC.pdf). It will be in 11.1 update 2.
0 Kudos
vsharma002
Beginner
Quoting - miwako
Hi. I am glad it worked.

You're right. The Intel Debugger is not available from inside the Eclipse environment with CDT6 for that version of 11.1. (FYI, this info is in [package installdir]/Documentation/en_US/Release_NoteC.pdf). It will be in 11.1 update 2.

Thank you very much for your help. Ireally appreciate it.
0 Kudos
Miwako_T_Intel
Employee
Anytime :-)

0 Kudos