Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7957 Discussions

Intel C++ compiler classic integration into Eclipse 2021-03

mvrht__u3425923
Beginner

Hi,

I tried to integrate newly released 2021.3 Intel C++ compiler classic (icc) toolchain into Eclipse 2021-03 and installed these packages:

Install.png

I guess "Intel C++ Compiler Integration" plugin should be in charge for adding icc toolchain. However, when I am creating new project only new oneAPI DPC++ toolchain is available:

New.png

It looks like only "Intel oneAPI DPC++ Compiler Integration" plugin is working.

I will appreciate if someone help me to setup ICC toolchain as well!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jie_L_Intel
Employee

Yes, you are right that the "com.intel.compiler.p2.oneapi" is for icc plug-in. And i see in your picture, "Intel C++ Compiler Integration" version 19.2.20210519 shows that the icc plug-in has been installed correctly.

So your question seems to be "how to activate this icc plug-in?" . First you could right-click your project in "Project Explorer" and select "properties". There should appear a window titled "Properties for <your project name>" . in the left side, expand the "C/C++ Build", there is a "Tool Chain Editor", just click it.

Now you could see on the right side pane a "Current toolchain" drop-down list from which you could select "Intel C++ Compiler Classic", apply and close.

Now in the "Settings" pane under "C/C++ Build", you could see icc appear.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RahulV_intel

Hi,

You need to install the oneAPI HPC toolkit (along with the base toolkit) for using ICC/ICPC compiler.

You may download it from the below link:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/oneapi/hpc-toolkit/download.html

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos
mvrht__u3425923
Beginner

Hi, RahulV,

I have installed "Intel® C++ Compiler Classic" from https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/oneapi-standalone-components.html

It includes both classic and new Intel compilers. During installation I also checked Eclipse integration. Installation was successful, however only DPC++ Compiler is available in Eclipse toolchain selection.

I think "Intel C++ Compiler Integration" eclipse package (that comes together with compiler installation) is not working properly

0 Kudos
Jie_L_Intel
Employee

Yes, you are right that the "com.intel.compiler.p2.oneapi" is for icc plug-in. And i see in your picture, "Intel C++ Compiler Integration" version 19.2.20210519 shows that the icc plug-in has been installed correctly.

So your question seems to be "how to activate this icc plug-in?" . First you could right-click your project in "Project Explorer" and select "properties". There should appear a window titled "Properties for <your project name>" . in the left side, expand the "C/C++ Build", there is a "Tool Chain Editor", just click it.

Now you could see on the right side pane a "Current toolchain" drop-down list from which you could select "Intel C++ Compiler Classic", apply and close.

Now in the "Settings" pane under "C/C++ Build", you could see icc appear.

0 Kudos
mvrht__u3425923
Beginner

Hi, Jie_L,

thanks for helping! I guess Intel is stimulating users to switch from Classic compilers, that's why it is not so straightforward to set classic toolchain comparing to DPC++ toolchain?

0 Kudos