Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Intel C++ compiler failed to integrate with Visual Studio 2008.

Mathew__Eldho_P
Beginner

Hello,

I am using MS visual studio 2008 version 9.0.30729.1 SP and MS .NET framework V 3.5 SP1.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit OS. 

I just try to install Intel C++ compiler version 11.1.051 update 3 for Windows.

The installation going fine but it shows an error and it describe integrate.bat failed.

In my developer machine VS 2005/2008/2010 full package installed.

Why Intel installer failed to integrate the C++ compiler with VS 2008.? Kindly help to resolve the issue.

Thanks in Advance.!

Dave

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pbkenned1
Employee

Intel C++ 11.1 is almost five years old, and has been out of support for a long time.  The currently supported compiler versions are 15.0 and 16.0.  Support for Visual Studio 2008 was deprecated in 14.0, and removed in 15.0.  Intel 11.1 and VS2008 have long since been removed from our support machines, and it's not possible for us to investigate your issue. 

I suggest you try a free 16.0 evaluation perhaps with a free Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Community edition.  Intel 16.0 will also integrate with Visual Studio 2010, although support for VS2010 has been deprecated in 16.0. 

Patrick

0 Kudos
Phil_S_1
Beginner

We develop in Intel Fortran 11 with Visual Studio 2008. We have many legacy files that are part of our projects and would like to stay in VS 2008 for the time being. My problem is: I have a new laptop with Windows 2007, after installing VS 2008 with Intel Fortran 11, and installing Windows SDK and VS 2008 SP1,  When trying to open a .sln file, none of the project's .vcproj files that are part of our .sln will open. We have working setups on other machines that work fine. But when the .sln attempts to open any of the .vcproj files we get the following error "cannot be opened because its project type (.vcproj) is not supported by this version of the application."

I have scoured the internet to see there are many who have had the same problem but there does not seem to be a clear cut solution.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Phil_S_1
Beginner

I solved my own issue! I was able to obtain a standard version of VS 2008. After removing my VS 2008 with Intel Fortran, I installed the new VS 2008 and chose the C++ environment. The Intel Fortran files remained installed and the new install could now read both .vcproj  and .vfproj files. My packages were then having a problem loading but by installing VS 2008 SP1, it fixed that problem and I now have a working system!

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
I'd like to provide some details for older versions of ICC: - ICC v7.x perfectly integrates with VS 96 Professional Edition - ICC v8.x perfectly integrates with VS 96 Professional Edition - ICC v9.x - I did not try - ICC v10.x - I did not try - ICC v11.x - I did not try - ICC v12.x perfectly integrates with VS 2005 Professional Edition - ICC v13.x perfectly integrates with VS 2008 Professional Edition It is possible that you had some problems due to a missing VS Service Pack, or some update.
0 Kudos
Phil_S_1
Beginner

I solved my own issue! I was able to obtain a standard version of VS 2008. After removing my VS 2008 with Intel Fortran, I installed the new VS 2008 and chose the C++ environment. The Intel Fortran files remained installed and the new install could now read both .vcproj  and .vfproj files. My packages were then having a problem loading but by installing VS 2008 SP1, it fixed that problem and I now have a working system!

0 Kudos