Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7957 Discussions

Intel C++ compiler in windows 7 64 bits

claudiobaezar
Beginner
I have a doubt,
recently, I have downloaded Intel C++ Compiler for windows, according System Requirements - Release Notes Update 9, Item 1.3 says:
"To use command-line tools only to build Intel 64 architecture applications:
* Microsoft Windows Software Development Kit Update for Windows 7* and .NET Framework 4*"
My system is Windows 7, 64 bits, I have installed Windows SDK 7.1 and .NET Framework 4 and Intel C++ Studio XE intel64, however, in start Menu under Intel Parallel Studio XE 2011 -> Command pompt, the cmd shell do not appear.
If tried execute the following comand, but ...
C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Composer XE 2011 SP1\\bin>compilervars.bat intel64 vs2010shell
ERROR: Visual Studio 2010 is not found in the system.
I do not understand the excesive dependence of Intel C++ compiler with Microsoft Visual Studio, my intention only is build armadillo library in windows, but cmake do not work for me.
can help me someone please?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JLuna5
New Contributor I
Hi, you can install visual studio and reinstall, i recommend you wear a software called your unistaller for clean registry of your pc.
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
Please try the instruction here http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/error-visual-studio-2005-2008-or-2010-is-not-found-in-the-system-when-launching-command-prompt-from-start-menu/

Also attached two files: simplified.
You can use "set_icl64_env_vs10.bat" to set up an Intel 64 cmd prompt.

Let us know if it works.

thanks,
Jennifer
0 Kudos