Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7957 Discussions

Intel C++ compiler not found by Visual Studio 2015

Kaiwalya_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,
I recently started working on a C++ project developed in visual studio. Once I downloaded the project from the repository and opened the solution in Visual Studio, I faced an error: C1083: Cannot open include file 'mkl.h': No such file or directory.

After downloading and installing Intel Math Kernal Library(and ergo Intel Parallel studio 17), the previous error was resolved. But now visual studio complains that it cannot find the Intel C++ compiler 17.0. 

Error:
MSB8020 The build tools for Intel C++ Compiler 17.0 (Platform Toolset = 'Intel C++ Compiler 17.0') cannot be found. To build using the Intel C++ Compiler 17.0 build tools, please install Intel C++ Compiler 17.0 build tools.  Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting "Retarget solution".

Intel C++ compiler 17.0 wasn't integrated with visual studio. How can I resolve this issue?
Uninstalling and reinstalling both Visual Studio and the Intel MKL did not work.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Melanie_B_Intel
Employee

Kaiwalya, can we get a copy of your project for analysis?  As you are an Intel employee, you can submit it internally.  Customer support engineer has sent you an inquiry by email.  Many thanks!  --Melanie

0 Kudos