Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Intel C++ compiler vs Vcpkg

Eichenherz
Beginner

Hello !
I've tried using the Intel C++ in a Win10 Visual Studio (x64) environment. It works fine until I switch on the "Use static libraries" flag in Properties/Vcpkg. This gives me: error MSB6006 "xilink.exe" exited with code -1073741819.

Thank you !
PS: if you need more info/logs/print screens , please do tell what should I send 

0 Kudos
13 Replies
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Liviu,

We have tested your scenario by installing the package manager vcpkg and setting the "Use static libraries" flag to "Yes". But we haven't got any errors.

Could you please provide the versions of InteL Compiler, Visual Studio and vcpkg that you are using.

If possible provide us with a reproducible and any additional settings you have made.

Also, post the debug info by setting the verbosity level to Diagnostic. You can do that in Tools -> Options -> Projects and Solutions -> Build and Run and there change output and log file verbosity.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
Eichenherz
Beginner

Hello ! Thanks for taking interest !
Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019 Version 16.7.0
VisualStudio.16.Release/16.7.0+30330.147

Intel® C++ Compiler Package ID: w_comp_lib_2020.2.254
Intel® C++ Compiler – extension version 19.1.0.16, Package ID: w_comp_lib_2020.2.254, Intel® Performance Libraries Package ID: w_comp_lib_2020.2.254
Intel® Performance Libraries – extension version 19.1.0.16, Package ID: w_comp_lib_2020.2.254, 

Vcpkg package management program version 2020.06.15-nohash
I've attached the simple ConsoleApp template with Intel Compiler settings and stuff. Also the "Diagnostic" log of both Debug(431 kb) and Release (423 kb)

I hope the info I provided it's useful. If not let me know.
Regards !

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Would you still see the problem if you downgrade to a bit older VS version (e.g. 16.6.0 Release)?

0 Kudos
Eichenherz
Beginner

I'd assume it would work since I read some posts on the Intel community saying that VS versions released after Icc might be troublesome. But unfortunately I can't try because MS doesn't supply older versions for VS2019 community.
Thanks !

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

I would suggest to use VS which released before our compiler built date. Because we were able to integrate/tested our compiler for those versions, but wont be able to do so with the ones released after we had released our compiler.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Eichenherz
Beginner

Ok, I will try do so. Or wait for the next version of Icc in case I fail. Thanks !

0 Kudos
Eichenherz
Beginner

Sorry, for the late reply.
I managed to install VS2017, and integrate ICC, but I got the same error: xlink.exe exited with some code
( unfortunately, I can't reproduce it, but it's the same error that I got with VS2019 ).
Also something weird happened, ICC would complain about__declspec(no_init_all) when I included Windows.h ( even with all that WIN_LEAN_AND_MEAN ).
Thanks in advance !

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

What version of VS2017 you installed? Was it released prior to the compiler built date?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Eichenherz
Beginner

Version 15.9 from here : https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/older-downloads/
Apparently it was released after ICC ( I'm aware of the prior to ICC versioning ). Couldn't find any previous versions of VS2019 or VS2017. 

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

I would suggest to wait for the next compiler release then.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

or if you have VS Subscription Account, then I think you can download the older versions.

0 Kudos
Eichenherz
Beginner

I do not have any VS subscriptions. 
Hope it won't take long for the next version of ICC to come out.
We can declare this thread closed. 
Thanks for all the help. 

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

This issue has been resolved and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Thanks,

0 Kudos