Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Intel C++ not available?

eddie_breeveld
Beginner
I tried to download Intel C++ from the Web page (http://www.intel.com/software/products/compilers/cwin/eval.htm) and got this message:
Thank you for your interest in the Intel C++ Compiler 8.0 for Windows*. The Compiler you have selected is temporarily unavailable for evaluation download or purchase. If you would like to backorder this product, you can do so here. The product will be available in mid to late September.

Is anything wrong?
All the best,
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
You and me both! its now what, more than a few days later since you noticed and its still not available to download...
This is a particular problem for me right now as my development machine (Thanks to Perfect Disk V6..) suffered serious partition problems thanks to a 'lets try a 3rd party defragger and see if it doesn't break Windows XP' moment.. so I lost my copy of the windows version of the Intel C++ Compiler (V8), but not to worry, I had a backup copy on my fileserver..
Few days go by and one of the hard disks in the RAID array (its only mirrored) die, not to worry, I'll order up a replacement soon... next day, 2ndhard diskdies (even though they are 6 months apart age wise..)
So fileserver is down..
Which makes it hard to get yet another backup copy off the offsite storage backup, back to me..
No worries, I'll just download it again off the intel site..
If some kind soul could possibly when they have a moment email me a copy, that would be most appreciated, nanos@nanos.org.uk
Or perhaps it will suddenly be available to download soon :-)
Nanos, with a zillion and one things to fix..
0 Kudos