Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Intel C++ support on Windows 7

pramodblackbird
Beginner
Is Intel C++ supported on Windows 7(beta) ??
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Quoting - pramodblackbird
not supported in the sense that all the testing has been completed (on compilers developed before Windows 7 was available!). Did you have a bug report?
0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I
Quoting - pramodblackbird

As tim18 said it should work.

Regardless of that, Professional and higher versions of Windows 7 will have Windows XP SP3 compatible mode (realized through Virtual PC) where any Windows XP compatible application should work just like it did in Windows XP. This thing called XPM will be available for download as an optional component and XP SP3 license will be included with Windows 7 purchase.

I hope that Intel now understands why all notebooks need virtualization enabled.

0 Kudos
JenniferJ
I tried the Parallel Studio on Windows 7 PC version, did not see any issue but did encounter a bug related to mt.exe. See following link for more info:

http://www.wintellect.com/CS/blogs/jrobbins/archive/2009/01/24/the-case-of-the-corrupt-pe-binaries.aspx .

Jennifer
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
I should note that we do not officially support any beta OS. It's not fully tested yet. The beta OS will be changing till RTM. So it does not make sense to run full testing or make changes in our product.

But I didn't see any issue so far except the mt.exe issue above.

Jennifer

0 Kudos