Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Intel Compiler 15 Error After Installing Parallel Studio 2017

gunes_k_
Beginner

I've downloaded a project through SVN. I've downloaded and installed Parallel Studio 2017. And I have Visual Studio 2015. 

I changed my project's platform toolset to Intel C++ Compiler 17. In the solution explorer it says "(Intel C++ Compiler 17.0). But when trying to  build project, it goes well for sometime and at same file everytime it fails and still says: 

Error MSB8020 The build tools for Intel C++ Compiler XE 15.0 (Platform Toolset = 'Intel C++ Compiler XE 15.0') cannot be found. To build using the Intel C++ Compiler XE 15.0 build tools, please install Intel C++ Compiler XE 15.0 build tools.  Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting "Retarget solution". ArmageddonGame C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.Cpp.Platform.targets 57
I'm a beginner on Visual Studio and C++. What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Judith_W_Intel
Employee

Did you originally build the solution with an older (version 15) compiler?

If so you need to do this:

Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting "Retarget solution".

0 Kudos
gunes_k_
Beginner

Thanks for answer...

I did that before and Visual Studio 2015 wasn't seeing Intel C++ Compiler 15. Somehow problem fixed when I installed Visual Studio 2013 and Parallel Studio 2015. After that, Visual Studio 2015 started to see Intel C++ Compiler 15. But I compiled it with 17 again and this time it successfully compiled.

0 Kudos
Judith_W_Intel
Employee

ok, glad you got it working..

Judy

0 Kudos