Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Intel Compiler does not create .exe file

Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Hi!

While testing algorithmic implementation of various function which are based on "Numerical Recipes in C"  source code , I ran into serious issue(problem) with Intel compiler.

Building stage always is completed succesfuly,but compiler does not create .exe file.I must say that Microsoft compiler works flawlessly Has anyone experienced such a issue with the compiler.

Here I post command line options

/Z7 /nologo /W3 /MP /Ox /Ob0 /Og /D "WIN32" /D "_DEBUG" /D "_CONSOLE" /D "_UNICODE" /D "UNICODE" /EHsc /GS- /fp:precise /QxSSE4.1 /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Yu"StdAfx.h" /Fp"Debug\FFT test-case Intel Compiler.pch" /FAcs /Fa"Debug\" /Fo"Debug\" /Fd"Debug\vc100.pdb" /FR"Debug\" /Qvec-report2 /Qopt-report:3 /Qopt-report-file:"Debug\FFT test-case Intel Compiler.rep" /Qguide=3 /Qguide-file:"Debug\FFT test-case Intel Compiler.gap" /Gd /TC

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/doclib/stdxe/2013/composerxe/compiler/fortran-mac/GUID-B8C60A8C-79E7-415C-B24C-7EB7FF4AADEE.htm "When this option is specified, the compiler does not produce any objects or executables." CL would ignore /Qguide options and not update your .rep file. In fact, if "that Microsoft compiler" isn't the latest (17.00) it won't perform any optimization such as the ICL guide reports refer to. The only relevant diagnostics supported by both ICL and CL 17.00 (with subtly different spellings) are the /Qvec-report ones. /Qguide is in part an effort to improve on the cryptic messages produce by ICL /Qvec-report2. With CL /Qvec-report:2 you must look up "reason codes" manually in a list and then you have the task of correcting your "induction variable not local" messages.
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
@TimP Thank you for your answer.Now everything is working fine.
0 Kudos