Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

Intel Compiler doesn't generate program database for release mode

meldaproduction
Beginner

Hi,

I have again a case where compiling my huge program with MSVC works just fine, with ICC -O2 it ends up with almost neverending compilation and linker problems and with -O1 it seems to generate incorrect code (it immediately crashes). So I want to check the code itself, but despite I specify I want a PDB, so that MSVC can understand the code, ICC doesn't report anything and just doesn't create the PDB... really frustrating... This is the command line:

icl.exe !temp/BINMDrummerReleaseLIntelcompiler0/MDrummerVST/icon.res D:/Programming/MDrummer/!temp/BINMDrummerReleaseLIntelcompiler0/MAudioPlugins.lib mlibraryasm.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib comctl32.lib wsock32.lib winmm.lib msimg32.lib psapi.lib opengl32.lib Glu32.lib freetype.lib zlib.lib libpng.lib libtiff.lib libjpeg.lib giflib.lib exiv2.lib bzip2.lib libflac.lib vstsdk3.lib aax.lib asio.lib libmad.lib ippsmt.lib ippvmmt.lib ippcoremt.lib ippimt.lib /link /MP /OUT:"D:/blabla.dll" /INCREMENTAL:NO /RELEASE /MACHINE:X86 /DEF:"D:/programming/mlibrary/mvstplugin.def" /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS,5.01 /DYNAMICBASE /DLL /IMPLIB:"D:/blabla.lib" /PDB:"D:/blabla.pdb" / /LIBPATH:"C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0/Vc/lib" /LIBPATH:"C:/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/8.1/Lib/winv6.3/um/x86" /LIBPATH:"C:/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Composer XE 2015/ipp/lib/ia32" /LIBPATH:"C:/Program Files (x86)/Intel\Composer XE 2015\compiler\lib\ia32" /nologo /MANIFEST:NO /Gy /Qoption,link,/OPT:REF

Any ideas? For now I seem to be stuck with MSVC, because ICC is just unusable...

0 Kudos
0 Replies