Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Intel Compilter 9.1 does not produce any output

jmcimage-line_com
Hello,
I've installed IC 9.1, I use it with MSVC 2005 on Window 7 64 Bit machine. I could succesfully convert a test project in IC format, press build:
1>------ Build started: Project: test, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling resources...(Microsoft VC++ Environment)
1>Compiling with Intel C++ 9.1 ...(Intel C++ Environment)
1>Compiling with Intel C++ 9.1 ...(Intel C++ Environment)
1>Compiling manifest to resources...(Microsoft VC++ Environment)
1>Linking...(Intel C++ Environment)
1>Embedding manifest...(Intel C++ Environment)
1>
1>Build log was saved at "file://C:\\Users\\Maaxx Claster\\Documents\\Visual Studio 2005\\Projects\\test\\test\\Debug\\BuildLog.htm"
1>test - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
1>------ Build started: Project: test, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------1>Compiling resources...(Microsoft VC++ Environment)1>Compiling with Intel C++ 9.1 ...(Intel C++ Environment)1>Compiling with Intel C++ 9.1 ...(Intel C++ Environment)1>Compiling manifest to resources...(Microsoft VC++ Environment)1>Linking...(Intel C++ Environment)1>Embedding manifest...(Intel C++ Environment)1>1>Build log was saved at "file://C:\\Users\\Maaxx Claster\\Documents\\Visual Studio 2005\\Projects\\test\\test\\Debug\\BuildLog.htm"1>test - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
but there is no test.exe produced, neither error nor warnings displayed. Also when I try to add some code which cannot be compiled and must display an error (some random text) the result is the same. It looks like IC ingores all .cpp files and displays there is compiled and linked nothing.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi,

1. Did you try to look for exe-fileat'..\Debug' folder where your solution is located?

2. Did you try to Start Without Debugging ( Ctrl+F5 ) or Start Debugging ( F5 )?

3. Did you try to inspect '..\Debug\BuildLog.htm' file?

Best regards,
Sergey
0 Kudos
Brandon_H_Intel
Employee
Yeah, if you can copy the contents of the BuildLog.htm file here, that would help diagnose the problem.
0 Kudos