Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Intel Composer XE Linux - Where do I install the license file?

Kamran_K_
Beginner

Hi All,

I have purchased and installed Intel Composer XE on my CentOS 6.4 system. 

Where do I obtain the license file?  After the license file is obtained, what is the easiest way to install the license file?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--

Kamran Khan

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kamran_K_
Beginner

Hi All,

I saw somewhere that the license file goes in the /opt/intel/licenses/ directory.  However this directory does not exist.  Should I just create it?  Or is there another location that these license files go in?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

--

Kamran Khan

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

The license file should be emailed along with the product license code.

When you install, if you have internet access to an Intel license verification server, you can take the usual option of entering the code, which will result in the license file being placed (default n /opt/intel/licenses/  ).  If you get the actual license file and put it in that folder, your install procedure should simply ask if you intend to use that license.

0 Kudos
Kamran_K_
Beginner

Hi Tim,

I had already installed Intel Composer prior to obtaining the license file (evaluation installation).  So I just obtained the license file in my email and am wondering how to add it after the fact.

Do I just re-run the installer?  Or can I manually add it to that folder? (again, the folder is not yet created.  Should I create it?)

Please let me know.

Thanks.

--

Kamran Khan

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

An evaluation license should have created a /licenses/ folder and put a license there.  You can simply add your paid license to that folder and remove the eval license (when you want to stop messages about it expiring).  If things are too mixed up, it won't hurt to install again, but you may expect to need to run the uninstall script in your compiler installation before running installer over again, unless you have the 2013 SP1 release which puts up a selection screen giving you modify/uninstall options.

0 Kudos
QIAOMIN_Q_
New Contributor I

Hello, yes

please just copy the license file to the folder /opt/intel/licenses/ ,if this directory doesn't exist ,you may create first.

Thank you.

--QIAOMIN.Q

0 Kudos