Intel® C++ Compiler
Support and discussions for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7724 Discussions

Intel MPI with Intel Compiler 19.1.2 MPI_INT64_T does not have the size 8 bytes but 4 bytes

thrudprimrose
Beginner

The title describes it I am using intel-mpi with the intel compiler. My program does not compile as the following static assertions fail:

static_assert(sizeof(MPI_INT64_T) == 8);

//idx_t is defined to be 64 bit so it has the size 8 where mpi_int64_t does have the size 4

static_assert(sizeof(idx_t) == sizeof(MPI_INT64_T));

I guess that this could be a bug?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Viet_H_Intel

Hi,

"MPI_INT64_T is a built-in constant type of MPI_Datatype. MPI_Datatype is an implementation-specific handle object of datatype representation as described in MPI standard 3.1 (https://www.mpi-forum.org/docs/mpi-3.1/mpi31-report.pdf) Appendix 1.2 "Types". To get size of MPI_INT64_T type itself please use MPI_Type_size function as described MPI standard 3.1, Section 4.1.5 Address and Size functions".

Thanks,

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reporting to us.

We are able to reproduce your issue at our end. we are working on your issue internally and will get back to you soon.

Thanks & regards,

Santosh

Viet_H_Intel

Hi,

I've reported this to Intel MPI team.

Thanks,

Viet_H_Intel

Hi,

"MPI_INT64_T is a built-in constant type of MPI_Datatype. MPI_Datatype is an implementation-specific handle object of datatype representation as described in MPI standard 3.1 (https://www.mpi-forum.org/docs/mpi-3.1/mpi31-report.pdf) Appendix 1.2 "Types". To get size of MPI_INT64_T type itself please use MPI_Type_size function as described MPI standard 3.1, Section 4.1.5 Address and Size functions".

Thanks,

Viet_H_Intel

Hi,

Have we answered your questions? Can we close this thread?

Thanks,

Viet_H_Intel

Since you have accepted the solution. I am going to close this thread.

Thanks,