Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Intel Parallel Studio XE 2015 Update1 for Windows - Installation Problem

Hanfeng_C_
Beginner

Hello,

When I tried to install the latest Intel Parallel Studio XE 2015 Update 1 on my laptop, it got stuck in loading files (please see the attached picture). I should kill 'setup.exe' and 'chklic.exe' processes to terminate the installation. My laptop is equipped with Win7 64bit, Intel CPU i7-3610QM. I report here in case you have not noticed the problem.

After I realized it was impossible to install the latest version, I downloaded an old one, Intel Parallel Stuio XE 2013 SP1. It was installed without any problem and it worked well with my Visual Studio 2010 on my laptop. I have tried Cilk Plus code in the IDE with Intel C++ compiler. Thanks for making Cilk Plus available.

Best,

Hanfeng Chen

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Brandon_H_Intel
Employee

Hello Mr. Chen,

I've seen another customer run into something similar. He had noticed that an installation of Office 2010 SP2 had started causing bluescreens on the system he was trying to install on, and so he reverted to a backup and was able to install ok. Is your system running without problems outside of the Parallel Studio installation, and have you installed any other software recently aside from that?

I would recommend as well creating an issue on our Intel(R) Premier Support website (http://premier.intel.com) and attaching your installation log files there, if you are willing to pursue this. They are found in your TEMP directory with the filenames intel*.log.

0 Kudos
Hanfeng_C_
Beginner

Hello Brandon,

I cannot open the website because of "Not Authorized" and I don't find the intel*.log file. There is no bluescreen during the installation.

Before the package starts to install, it extracts all files in a temporary folder. However, this step gets stuck before it really begins to install. I think that is why there is no log file you want.  I have installed lots of other software (including MS Office 2010), but I am not sure which one conflicts with the Intel Parallel Studio. Hope these help.

Best,

Hanfeng Chen

0 Kudos