Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 setup does not begin

bhattarai
Novice

Dear all,

I am unable to install Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 Update8 in Windows operating PC. Few months back, it was successfully installed in another Windows PC. However, this time setup file does not execute at all. Double clicking the setup file ask for "Do yo want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" Selecting the usual step YES does not begin the setup.

Anything can be done?

I already tried with "Run as administrator" and does not solve the problem. Also just to inform that I have already installed MS Visual Studio.

Thank you

Bhattarai

0 Kudos
1 Solution
bhattarai
Novice

hello again,

The developer of the software I intend to download says, "ifort170 is the only latest Intel Fortran Compiler supported. Newer versions other than Studio XE 2017 are not yet supported". It is indeed a helpless situation. Is there any other trick to forcefully install the specific XE 2017?

Bhattarai

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Bhattarai,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

It looks like you are using an older version of Intel Parallel Studio XE. We recommend you to upgrade to the latest version.

Unfortunately, the version which you are using i.e Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 is no longer supported by Intel.

Please find the below link for supported and unsupported versions of Intel Parallel Studio XE.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-parallel-studio-xe-supported-and-unsupported-product-versions.html

However, for Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 we suggest that you download the setup file again and try installing it.

Please let us know if this helps.

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
bhattarai
Novice

Hello Goutham,

"However, for Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 we suggest that you download the setup file again and try installing it."

I had already tried to delete the file and re-download the 2017 version a couple of time. The setup file can be successfuly downloaded, but is not installable. This leaves me to jump to the newer versions. However, I am not sure if the newer versions are compatible to the destination software I will be using. I will come back again, if I get any update on the issue.

Thank you for responding the post.

Bhattarai 

0 Kudos
bhattarai
Novice

hello again,

The developer of the software I intend to download says, "ifort170 is the only latest Intel Fortran Compiler supported. Newer versions other than Studio XE 2017 are not yet supported". It is indeed a helpless situation. Is there any other trick to forcefully install the specific XE 2017?

Bhattarai

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

We are able to launch the parallel_studio_xe_2017_update8_cluster_edition_online_setup.exe file. Could you please let us know what are the steps you are following to install.

GouthamK_Intel_0-1597322095812.png

Thanks

Goutham

0 Kudos
bhattarai
Novice

Hello Goutham,

Finally, I could install the PSXE2017 using Customizable package and the software I desired to install is also working fine. I do not know why the online version was not executable for quite a while for me. Nevetheless, thank you very much for the support on the problem I encountered.

Best regards,

Bhattarai

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Bhattarai,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved.!

Could you please let us know If we are able to answer all your queries?

Let us know if we can close this from our side.

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
bhattarai
Novice

Dear Goutham,

I am happy to inform you that I have achieved the solution for this post, therefore you may close the post for any further discussion.

Bhattarai 

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Bhattarai,

Thanks for the confirmation!

As this issue has been resolved, we will no longer respond to this thread.

If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos