Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 Update 4 macOS

yaf
New Contributor I

I installed the Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 Update 4 on my macOS (Catalina).

The previously reported issues have not been resolved

- Command-line option with symlinks issue Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 update 1 macOS 

- Command-line tools incompatibility issue Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 update 2 macOS 

@Viet_H_Intel mentioned, "It's not recommended to use OS or Xcode versions that released after the compiler released built date because those versions couldn't be validated by the compiler at that time."

I am wondering these issues will persist until the next compiler release or if there is a chance they would be resolved in any upcoming updates?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We are escalating this thread to the concerned internal team and they will be able to guide you.

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Are you still on Catilina 10.15.6 and what Xcode version you currently have?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
yaf
New Contributor I

| Are you still on Catilina 10.15.6 and what Xcode version you currently have?

Yes, I am on Catilina 10.15.6, and to make it work with the intel compiler, I had to downgrade my mac command-line tools to version 11.5, since none of the version_12 released after June are not working with Intel.

0 Kudos
yaf
New Contributor I

@Viet_H_Intel Thanks for your reply.

I know that you do not support Xcode 12. My question was if there is a near future plan to support that! Or if it is a known plan.

I also reported another issue on the command line option installation which has not been resolved.

Anyway, as part of the community like any other community, I thought you would like to hear about the issues on the suppoerted platforms. That is why I reported what I have ancountered.

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Yes, we definitely would like to hear any issues/feedback related the compilers. I wish I have the info on Xcode12 support to share, but unfortunately I don't at this moment.

For the installation issue, I will try to talk to the issue's owner and have him updated the thread.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Xcode 12 is supported in oneAPI.

We will no longer respond to this thread.  

If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Thanks,

0 Kudos