Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 update 2 macOS Catalina 10.15.6

yaf
New Contributor I

The reported issue XE-2020-update-1-macOS has not been resolved in the new update, yet another issue is happening.

Compiling the code,

#include <iostream>
#include <vector>
int main()
{
	std::vector<int> a(10, 0);
}

on macOS Catalina 10.15.6 with Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 update 2 `C++` compiler fails with the below error messages,

In file included from /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/include/c++/v1/algorithm(640),
                 from /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/include/c++/v1/__string(57),
                 from /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/include/c++/v1/string_view(175),
                 from /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/include/c++/v1/string(504),
                 from /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/include/c++/v1/__locale(14),
                 from /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/include/c++/v1/ios(215),
                 from /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/include/c++/v1/iostream(37),
                 from vector.cpp(1):
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/include/c++/v1/type_traits(903): error: function call is not allowed in a constant expression
      __is_function(_Tp)
      ^

In file included from /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/include/c++/v1/algorithm(640),
                 from vector.cpp(1):
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/include/c++/v1/type_traits(903): error: type name is not allowed
      __is_function(_Tp)
                    ^

from vector.cpp(1):
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/include/c++/v1/type_traits(2808): error: __libcpp_is_constructible is not a template
      : public __libcpp_is_constructible<_Tp, _Args...>::type {};
               ^

from vector.cpp(1):
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/include/c++/v1/type_traits(2808): error: not a class or struct name
      : public __libcpp_is_constructible<_Tp, _Args...>::type {};
               ^

The full error message is in the attached file. Is there any idea or hint on this issue?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
yaf
New Contributor I

The only solution I found to this issue is to downgrade my mac command-line tools to version 11.5,

Command Line Tools for Xcode 11.5

Any other of the 12 version releases will break.

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue, we are forwarding this issue to the concerned team.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

It's not recommended to use OS or Xcode versions that released after the compiler released built date because those versions couldn't be validated by the compiler at that time.

0 Kudos
yaf
New Contributor I

Thanks for your recommendation.

I got my Mac recently (in the last month), and downgrading the macOS was not an option to just make it work with the Intel compilers.

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

This issue has been resolved and we will no longer respond to this thread.  

If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Thanks,

0 Kudos