Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2017 has been released!

Anoop_M_Intel
Employee

Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017, including Intel C++ Compiler 17.0, is now available from the Intel Registration Center. Release notes can be found here.

Among the new C++14 features are:
1. Variable Templates
2. relaxed (extended) constexpr
3. sized deallocation

There is also new support for OpenMP 4.5 features, an option to align the code for loops and more.

Visual Studio 2010 is not supported in this version. Visual Studio 2012, 2013 and 2015 are supported. Visual Studio 2012 is deprecated with Intel C++ Compiler 17.0.

Intel SIMD Data Layout Template Library Version 2 supports N-dimensional SDLT containers.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Octoploid___
Beginner
It looks like the new default is now C++14. Why isn't this documented?
 ~ % echo "" | icpc -x c++ -dM -E - | grep cplusplus
#define __cplusplus 201402L
0 Kudos
Vladimir_P_1234567890

Octoploid _, haven't you enabled C++14 in your environment?

-bash-4.2$ icpc -v                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
icpc version 17.0.0 (gcc version 4.8.2 compatibility)
-bash-4.2$ echo "" | icpc -x c++ -dM -E - | grep cplusplus
#define __cplusplus 199711L

--Vladimir

0 Kudos
Octoploid___
Beginner
Ah, it depends on the system's default compiler. Thanks.
~ % icpc -v
icpc version 17.0.0 (gcc version 6.2.1 compatibility)
0 Kudos
Vladimir_P_1234567890

right, for gcc 6 default mode is c++14

https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/changes.html

--Vladimir 

0 Kudos
Royi
Novice

Could you bring back the option for Static Link for OpenMP?

I know developer are advised not to use OpenMP in Static Link but I would like to have the option.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
David_K_5
Novice

Any expected date as to when Intel will support the latest Mac OS (Sierra) and Xcode 8?

0 Kudos
Royi
Novice

Royi wrote:

Could you bring back the option for Static Link for OpenMP?

I know developer are advised not to use OpenMP in Static Link but I would like to have the option.

Thank You.

Any update on this?
It is the only reason we're using version 15 (2015), we need the option for Static Linking of the OpenMP.

0 Kudos
Aditya_K_5
Novice

I tried using a reduction on an array section like so:

#pragma omp for simd reduction(+:arr[:N])

or

#pragma omp for simd reduction(+:arr)

but I got an error saying this is not supported. I looked at the release notes for Intel C++ 17 and saw that reduction on arrays is now supported. My compiler is 17.0.0. Is this not supposed to work?

0 Kudos
Gaurav_Gogia
Beginner

Its still a little bit confusing fore me to get it though. I have the student key but its still asking me to buy it. So I asked one the members from intel team about this but the tutorial he guided me towards was.....a little too hard. Could you dumb it down a little for me?

0 Kudos