Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Intel Software Development Tool Suites. What compiler?

fabio-polimeni
Beginner
Hi all, I would by a the SDK (Win32) for my master dissertation, and I was wondering about the compiler it is issued with. In the specs I can read "Intel C++ Compiler for Windows*" but it doesn't spcify what compiler. Thereby my question is, Does anybody know if this SDK is issued with Intel Compiler 11.x or 10.x? Is the professional version o the standard one? What are differences between those?

Thank you in advance for answers and i hope i didn't wrong the section :D
Fabio
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Om_S_Intel
Employee

You can download and install the Intel C++ compiler for Windows upgrades that Intel publishes for one year from the date of your purchase.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
There is an SDK component of Visual Studio which you must install in order to support Intel C++ for Windows. It would be included on the disk or .iso image for the full versions of VS. For VS Express, which supports only command line mode for Intel compiler, the 32-bit SDK is a free download. Only released versions of Visual Studio are supported for Intel compilers.
The "professional" versions of Intel C++ 11.0 and 11.1 include the MKL and IPP performance libraries, which used to be sold separately.
0 Kudos