Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Intel Software Manager crashes

Michael_B_13
Beginner

I'm using Parallel Studio 2015 on an Ubuntu 14.04 machine. It worked fine for about one month, then the ISM crashed during an update. When I try to open it I get now:

./ism
Intel(R) Software Manager startup error. Please see /tmp/intel.ism.XXX.error.log for details.

The file mentioned above only contains:

/bin/bash: line 1:   793 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) /opt/intel/ism/bin/intel64/ismcore 2> /tmp/intel.ism.XXX.error.log 1>&2

Thanks for all help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Michael,

Uninstall ISM (opt/intel/ism/uninstall.sh) and restart the Parallel Studio XE 2015 installer again. This will install the ISM coming with the package again. After successful installation you can check ISM if it works correctly.

Regards, Hubert.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Michael,

Uninstall ISM (opt/intel/ism/uninstall.sh) and restart the Parallel Studio XE 2015 installer again. This will install the ISM coming with the package again. After successful installation you can check ISM if it works correctly.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Michael_B_13
Beginner

Thanks Hubert,

now it starts, but when I try to click on "Update" for the Composer he displays "Getting list of products" and shows the "Update"-Button some seconds later again without doing anything else.

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Michael,

Do you mean the 'Update' inside ISM? Did you restart the Parallel Studio installer outside ISM?

Hubert.

0 Kudos
Michael_B_13
Beginner

Yes I meant the Update Button after each possible update within the ISM GUI. One hour later everything worked fine. Perhaps there was a connection error to the server. I think the problem is solved now. Thanks.

0 Kudos