Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7953 Discussions

Intel compiler VS.NET 2002 integration

Deleted_U_Intel
Employee
With the VS.NET integration, is it possible to compile a 64-bit target while working in a 32-bit environment? I notice that when I enable the Intel VC++ 7.1 integration, that my VC 7.1 projects are configured to use the icl.exe compiler. There is no way, at least using the IDE property pages, to set the ecl.exe (64-bit) compiler. Is there a way to do this? I understand that I won't be able to run/debug the app on my machine, but it would be convenient to compile locally.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Paul_F_Intel1
Employee
Hello,

With the VC7 integration, the Intel compiler dropped support for cross-compiling using the IDE. I looked some time ago and didn't see any info on Microsoft developing VC to run native on Itanium. A native IDE might preclude the need for a cross-compiler (though I don't know if that was part of the decision process).

You might try using Visual Studio 6 with the v7 of the Intel Compiler, if that environment is an option.

-Paul
0 Kudos