Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Intel parallel studio XE on openSUSE - mpirun segmentation fault

alinovi__edoardo
Beginner

Dear All,

I am wrining here in order to find some help by someone more expert than me with this problems. I have tried to install on openSUSE leap 15 the latest version of parallel studio XE. The install were fine except for a warning about some 32bit libraries which I am no able to find anywhere...  In any case I have disabled the installation of 32bit packages at all. 

I have tried to compile a simple helloWorld program which runs well under openmpi, but intel produces this error:

/home/eod/intel//compilers_and_libraries_2019.1.144/linux/mpi/intel64/bin/mpirun: line 103: 15964 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) mpiexec.hydra "$@" 0<&0

I have really no idea on how to fix this.

Any hint is hightly appreciated. Thanks

Edoardo

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Viet_H_Intel

Can you let us know how to reproduce it?

0 Kudos
alinovi__edoardo
Beginner

Hi, thank for your replay. I do not know if it reproducilble or not. The error is inside mpi_init() call. My supsects is that is coming from a bad install of the compiler. 

Are openSuse leap 15 good for intel?

0 Kudos
alinovi__edoardo
Beginner

Ok, openSuse leap is not in the list, so maybe this can be a good reason for my error.

0 Kudos
Levrel__Lucas
Beginner

Hello,

Same problem here. Steps to reproduce:

- install Parallel Studio update 3

- run "mpiexec -np 1 /bin/ls"

- expected result: contents of current directory

- real result: Segmentation fault

The same procedure works as expected with PS initial release. I'll test update 2 ASAP.

(Edoardo, I don't think the fact that Opensuse is not listed can be a good reason. It is not "officially supported" but is a mainstream distro. As for me, I'm using Linux Mint 19, which is identical to Ubuntu 18.04 except for a few metapackages IIUC.)

0 Kudos
Levrel__Lucas
Beginner

I should add that I also get the (irrelevant) warning about missing 32bit compatibility libraries, but this warning also happens during the installation of PS initial release, so it is not the culprit here. (It is irrelevant because the host OS is fully 64bit and I'm not cross-compiling, and I'm not installing the 32bit versions of the Intel libraries.)

0 Kudos
Levrel__Lucas
Beginner

Just tested Update 2, it has the same problem ("mpiexec -np 1 /bin/ls" gives Segmentation fault).

0 Kudos
Levrel__Lucas
Beginner

The problem also exists with Update 1. So the regression was introduced between the initial release and Update 1.

I hope this will help solve this very serious problem!

0 Kudos