Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Internal error in "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/il.c", line 7957. icc 13.1 + MPI + c++11

Andrew_L_F_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm seeing an internal error message when trying to compile a file with icc 13.1 where I'm using some std::thread code.  I took the advice in another thread of generating the preprocessed output.  In an attempt to see what flags might be responsible for this internal error, I started randomly commenting out command line options.  If I remove the -DCXX11 flag from the command line (and thus avoid #including <thread>) then I'm able to get this particular file to compile.

Here's my command line:

$ mpicxx -o build/src/release/linux/2.6/64/x86/icc/13.1/cxx11thread-mpi/protocols/forge/remodel/RemodelGlobalFrame.os -c -std=c++0x -Wp64 -wd279,2259,1682 -ip -O3 -Qoption,c,-ip_ninl_max_stats=500 -Qoption,c,-ip_ninl_max_total_stats=5000 -wd1684 -wd592 -fPIC -DNDEBUG -DMULTI_THREADED -DCXX11 -DUSEMPI -Isrc -Iexternal/include -Isrc/platform/linux/64/icc/13.1 -Isrc/platform/linux/64/icc -Isrc/platform/linux/64 -Isrc/platform/linux -Iexternal/boost_1_46_1 -Iexternal/dbio -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include src/protocols/forge/remodel/RemodelGlobalFrame.cc

$ mpicxx -v
mpicxx for MVAPICH2 version 1.9a2
icpc version 13.1.0 (gcc version 4.4.7 compatibility)

The preprocessor output is here:

http://rosettadesign.med.unc.edu/collaborators/andrew/remodel.i

I'm happy to provide any other information that I might have left out here.

Thanks for your help!

Andrew

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Judith_W_Intel
Employee

Hi Andrew,

Please attach the file to your note (look at the bottom for the button labeled Select Media under Attachments) rather than post a link to it... When I try to save the file from your html page the line feeds disappear and it is not compilable since the preprocessor # directives appear in the middle of the line.

Version 13.1 is no longer being updated. Are you looking for a workaround or information as to whether or not it's fixed in 14.0 or something else? It looks like the internal error is happening inside enclosing_routine_for_local_type() and I don't see any fixes in our database that look like they might have fixed this so it would be nice to get your preprocessed file.

thanks,

Judy

0 Kudos
Andrew_L_F_
Beginner

Sure thing!  When I clicked on "select media" yesterday, nothing happened so I tried to put the file online instead.

0 Kudos
Andrew_L_F_
Beginner

Sure thing!  When I clicked on "select media" yesterday, nothing happened so I tried to put the file online instead.

0 Kudos
Judith_W_Intel
Employee

'Thanks for the reproducer. I can reproduce the problem with version 13.1 but not version 14.0 of our compiler. 13.1 is no longer being updated.

I tried to come up with a workaround but it looks like it's happening during mangling of a variadic template and there is no simple workaround.

I would suggest upgrading to our latest supported release (14.0).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Judy

0 Kudos