}

the actual output on the console is

1\n2

expected output

Is this a bug in the compiler?

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Hi Gerd,

It works for me with 15.0 compiler, did you try that?

Intel(R) C++ Compiler XE for applications running on IA-32, Version 15.0.1.148 B
uild 20141023

# type test.cpp
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
    auto raw = LR"(1
2)";

std::wcout << raw << endl;
    return 0;
}
# icl test.cpp /nologo
test.cpp

# test.exe

#

Thanks,

Shenghong

Gerd_K_
Beginner

I can confirm, it is working in 15.0. But because of other problems with 15.0 it's currently not possible for us to upgrade.

I wonder how such a basic usecase for raw string literals hasn't been fixed in any update.

Kittur_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Shenghong,  I presume you filed an issue with the developers just in case they would like to backport the fix to earlier versions?

Hi Gerd/Ganesh,

Yes, I'll check with developer whether we can backport the fix to earlier versions. I did not tested v14.0 yesterday (I'll verify it soon). I agree such basic stuff should be fixed in old versions and I assume it is not technically difficult to fix.

I'll keep you updated.

Thanks,

Shenghong

Hi Gerd,

I've got updates from developer, there are no new update for v14.0, it cannot be back-port to v14.0 compiler. You have to upgrade to v15.0, what are the other problems you are facing with v15.0? You may push those issues to be fixed and have a upgrade.

Thanks

Shenghong

Gerd_K_
Beginner

The other issues we had seem to be not caused by the compiler upgrade. It seems to be caused by a bug in an external component that unfortunateley showed up when we tried the upgrade to v 15.

So we will upgrade to v15 in near future.

Kittur_G_Intel
Employee

Thanks Shenghong for checking with the developer. Upgrading to 15.0 (especially considering there are new features/bug fixes) is a good idea Gerd.

_KIttur