Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

Is It possible to use Intel C++ compliler for windows Application project (i.e. GUI Application, consisting Parallellizing concepts)

rrr1989
Beginner
I have tried Parallel studio by working under a project of type win32 Console Application... (dot net 2008, Visual c++)

So Is it possible to create and compile successfully a project of type Windows Application(which can include parallelizing concept)..?

so that i can create GUI form (not win32 console application).. which can execute some code parallely???

(I am asking this question Because i tried it but i got some errors while compiling so only i am not sure whether it works for GUI or not)

Thanks in advance..

With regards,
~ RRR
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JenniferJ
No, you can not use Intel C++ with a CLR project.

You can create the GUI project with CLR, but create a DLL project in C++ (no attributes) to use Intel C++.

Jennifer

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Om_S_Intel
Employee
You should be able to compile application that use MFC. Intel C++ compileris strivingto compile application that you can compiler with Microsoft compiler.

It would help if you can share a test case.
0 Kudos
rrr1989
Beginner
Is it possible to use Intel C++ Compiler for Windows Application (i.e. tat use CLR)... ???
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
No, you can not use Intel C++ with a CLR project.

You can create the GUI project with CLR, but create a DLL project in C++ (no attributes) to use Intel C++.

Jennifer
0 Kudos
rrr1989
Beginner
Can you explain me in few steps (atleast an overview) as to how to do as you said above... Because i am a newbie...
0 Kudos
Om_S_Intel
Employee
CLR is not supported by Intel C++ compiler.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Microsoft provides documentation on how to run C++ unmanaged code (such as ICL generates) from a CLR application. ICL documentation tells you how to make a .dll for such purposes.
0 Kudos