Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Is Xcode7 integration supported with parallel studio 2016 update 3

James_Burgess
Beginner

I have Xcode 7.3.1 installed on El Capitan and Parallel Studio XE 2016 update 3 seemed to install without issue, I can compile from the command line just fine. However when I followed the instructions in "Getting Started", namely these ones regarding Xcode:

You must first create or choose an existing Xcode* project. These instructions assume you are using an existing project. 

1. Select the target you want to change and click Build Rules

2. Add a new rule by clicking a + button or using Editor > Add Build Rule

3. Under Process, select C source files or C++ source files depending on the source files. 

4. Under Using, select either ICL or ICCIntel® C++ Compiler 16.0

5. Select the target to be built in the project editor under Targets

6. Select Product > Build.

When I get to step 4 ICL or ICCIntel is not an option on the menu. Is this expected/is there some other step I missed?

regards,

James

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anoop_M_Intel
Employee

Hi James,

Could you please go to "Build Settings" tab, "Build Options" section and "Compiler for C/C++/Objective-C" field and check the options in the drop down. I have attached a screenshot for reference. If the Intel C++ Compiler integration to xcode went fine during installation, you should have Intel C++ Compiler in the drop down.

Thanks and Regards
Anoop

0 Kudos
James_Burgess
Beginner

Hi Anoop,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that's exactly what I had expected however I do not see the intel compiler in the drop down. This was a completely fresh 10.11 machine fully updated with the latest Xcode. The installer gave no indication that anything didn't work. If there is any installer log file somewhere that could help let me know. Anything else I should try?

Regards, 

James

0 Kudos
Anoop_M_Intel
Employee

Hi James,

That's interesting. Let me try to recreate this issue in our lab. Will keep you posted.

Thanks and Regards
Anoop

0 Kudos