Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Is that possible to install Intel C++ compiler on Pentium Gold processor system ?

Munasinghe__Indula

Hi everyone, 

I have a system running CentOS 7.3 with Intel Pentium Gold processor and Xeon Phi 3120A coprocessor. I need to install Intel Parallel Studio on this machine to have the Intel C++ compiler. But the processor requirement for the Parallel studio installation says I need to have Intel Core(TM) or Intel Xeon(TM) processor. Therefore could you please tell me is there any possible way of installing Parallel studio on my Pentium system to have Intel C++ compiler or any other way to install Intel C++ compiler on my system ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TimP
Honored Contributor III

I'd be surprised to find hardware compatibility between the old MIC KNC coprocessor and the client Pentium CPU.  If you have a working installation of that coprocessor, Parallel Studio releases up through 17.x updates should be fine, although support was discontinued in 18.0.  All releases of Parallel Studio should work fine on the Pentium CPU (if you have x86_64 64-bit OS) , although the development tools will have been tested fully only on server CPUs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

I'd be surprised to find hardware compatibility between the old MIC KNC coprocessor and the client Pentium CPU.  If you have a working installation of that coprocessor, Parallel Studio releases up through 17.x updates should be fine, although support was discontinued in 18.0.  All releases of Parallel Studio should work fine on the Pentium CPU (if you have x86_64 64-bit OS) , although the development tools will have been tested fully only on server CPUs.

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

An additional requirement is that your Motherboard, and its BIOS, support PCIe devices with larger than 4GB aperture. Different BIOS vendors and versions phrase this differently.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos