Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7955 Discussions

Issue installing Intel compiler on Mandriva Linux 2008

Jeff_Hauersperger
When installing Intel compiler (downloaded file l_cproc_p_11.0.074.tgz) on Madriva Linux we are getting the below error messages. Please advise where we can download the missing libraries.
Thanks!
Jeff

Step no: 4 of 7 | Installation configuration - Missing Critical Pre-requisite
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is one or more critical unresolved issue which prevents installation to continue. You can fix it without exiting from the installation and re-check. Or you can quit from the installation, fix it and run the installation again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Missing critical pre-requisite
-- missing system commands
-- 32-bit libraries not found
------------------------------------------------------------
1. Show the detailed info about issue(s) [default] 2. Re-check the pre-requisites

h. Help
b. Back to the previous menu
q. Quit
Please type a selection or press "Enter" to accept default choice [1]:

The following required for installation commands are missing:
libstdc++.so.5 (library)
1. See next issue [default]
2. Back to Pre-requisite summary dialog

h. Help
q. Quit

32-bit libraries not found on this system.
This product release requires the presence of 32-bit compatibility libraries when running on Intel 64 architecture systems. One or more of these libraries could not be found:
libstdc++
libstdc++5
glibc
libgcc
Without these libraries, the compiler will not function properly. These libraries, if not installed, can be installed from the OS discs after finishing the compiler installation.
Please refer to Release Notes for more information.
1. See next issue [default]
2. Back to Pre-requisite summary dialog

h. Help
q. Quit
0 Kudos
7 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Although Mandriva isn't frequenly used with icc, you should be able to get some clues by reading other posts here or the installation notes. If you are trying to install the ia32 version of icc, you must have a working 32-bit g++ installation. If your installation has only libstdc++.so.6 installed by default, best method is to look for a copy of so.5 to install alongside.
If you wish to follow up, please give more detail (32 vs 64-bit, g++ -version, ....)
If your g++ is 4.3 or newer, icc 11.1 (latest update) may be more suitable.
0 Kudos
lqzhang
Beginner
Hi, I installed the libstdc++.so.5 and export the path, but the installation still complained about missing libstdc++.so.5 (library).

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
If it's an x86_64 installation, you need both the 32- and 64-bit libstdc++-33; if 32-bit, you need the 32-bit one.
0 Kudos
lqzhang
Beginner
On fedora 12, there is no way to install libstdc++ in 32- bit. I could only see any libstdc++6 in the rpm repository. When I tried to use yum install ia32-lib, there is no such kind of package.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
0 Kudos
lqzhang
Beginner
Thanks a lot. Is that library enough for installation of intel-c and intel-f? Thanks again.
0 Kudos
lqzhang
Beginner
Hi, intead, I installed the software you mentioned, and also installed glibc.i686 based on method in the following link:
http://beginlinux.com/blog/2009/09/installing-32-bit-support-into-64-bit-fedora-11/comment-page-1/#comment-1514

so that 32-bit libraries are installed on the x86_64 system of fedora12. Then I could install the intel-c and intel-f compiler although during the process, it showed following warning message:

Missing optional pre-requisite
-- cannot determine operating system type
-- system glibc or kernel version not supported or not detectable

But the process still suggested me to continue the installation. After that, both compilers were installed. I could use ./icpc --version and ./ifort --version to check the compiler information. So up to now, they look fine and they are done. I hope this can help.
0 Kudos