Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7957 Discussions

Issue to install old products with old license

Alexandre_Chauvin

Hi There,
I have an old license.

When I click on the license url, I can get to the page with the according list. I follow the download link

For the latest version I can see the message:

The support period for your license has expired. To download this product update, you will need to purchase renewal licenses to extend your support from your expiration date () to the build date of this product update (). Note that support for new renewal licenses will begin on .

Of course, this is the expectation, but when I click an earlier version (2018 update 3) that does not display this message:

• I can download the package (still as expected)
  • I cannot install it.

With Serial Number the output is:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please type a selection or press "Enter" to accept default choice [1]:
Please type your serial number (the format is XXXX-XXXXXXXX):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Checking serial number...
Product support for your Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2018 Update 3 Composer
Edition for C++ Linux* license has expired.  Please refer to
https://software.intel.com/en-us/faq/purchasing-renewing-upgrading#support-expir
ation for more information.

With License file

Please type a selection or press "Enter" to accept default choice [1]: 1
Please type the full path to your license file(s):
/path/to/lic
The license file(s) you provided is not valid for this product.

Is this expected (and why) or is there a problem somewhere ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback !

Ludo

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Viet_H_Intel

Can you create a ticket here http://www.intel.com/supporttickets

0 Kudos