Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Issues following the tutorial

Faisal_D_
Beginner

hi guys, 

I am quite new to the Intel C++ Compiler and am trying to get through the the tutorial for 'Threading your application'. I have installed the Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 Composer Edition on my Mac. I cant get the %make command to run in the terminal. The error I get is '-bash: fg: %make: no such job'. Also when I try to run the Sample code in Xcode I can't run the Serial Version I get the following error -

'Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang failed with exit code 1'

Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Faisal,
Can you ensure you've set the environment for the compiler by compiling the compilervars.sh script you find in the bin directory of the installation under compilers_and_libraries_2016/mac/bin....

%source compilervars.sh -arch <arg? -platform <arg>  Ex: source compilervars.sh -arch intel64 -platform mac

The above should set the compiler environment and invoking the compiler icc or icpc should work. After the above try executing %icc -V and it should output the compiler version and build number etc.

Regards,
Kittur

0 Kudos