Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7939 Discussions

JITDLL version is older than ISA version

Ben_Rush
Beginner

I'm using Visual Studio 2015, parallel studio xe 2016. I'm on a 64-bit Windows 10 box. I'm both compiling and attempting to run on the same box. 

I've been trying for a few hours now to get some stuff to run GPU offloading, but I'm up against a wall with this error. Specifically it says: 

"GFX(16:19:53): FATAL ERROR: error #-35: JITDLL version is older than ISA version
 (L__ComputeClassForPoints_PerPixelDecisionTreeNative__QEAAPEAV_$vector_HV_$allo
cator_H_std___std__HPEAH0PEAUNativeFrameData__PEAUPerPixelDecisionTreeNode__HHH_
Z_PerPixelDecisionTreeNative_cpp_483_483__par_region0_2)"

Where the PerPixelDecisionTree is a function I'm writing that does machine learning. 

The project is setup such that a .LIB file is compiled by the Intel C++ 16.0 compiler, and the resultant library is linked to a console application (which is also compiled with the Intel C++ 16.0 compiler). Within the LIB file are the definition of the functions I'm trying to use. 

I've Googled for this error and found nothing. I hope someone out there can at least give me a clue as to what's going on, and how I can start to resolve this. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kittur_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Ben,
The default platform for 16.0 version of the compiler is haswell using vISA 3.1.
Can you please let us
know the driver version and platform used? You may need to use –Qoffload-arch=ivybridge if you are using Ivybridge or upgrade the driver. The command Gfx_sys_check should provide the details, fyi.
Thanks,
Kittur

0 Kudos
Anoop_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Ben,

Really appreciate your patience on this. I have initiated a private conversation so that you can share the project with me.

Thanks and Regards
Anoop

0 Kudos
Ben_Rush
Beginner

Anoop Madhusoodhanan Prabha (Intel) wrote:

I have initiated a private conversation so that you can share the project with me

Unfortunately I do not see it. 

However, this was on a dev machine at work. I will have to spin the machine back up and log in to get the error to reproduce. I'll try getting you all the info you need tomorrow. 

It's worth noting this is no longer a pressing concern for us as it was isolated to a single machine; other issues (which I've posted on this forum) are more pressing. 

Regardless, if it is important for you guys from a bug fixing standpoint, I can share all the information I have that generated this error. 

0 Kudos
Anoop_M_Intel
Employee

Thanks Ben. Looking forward for more information on this. In the meantime, I am working on other issues which you reported on graphics offload and will update the issues one by one. Really appreciate your patience on this.

Regards
Anoop

0 Kudos
Ben_Rush
Beginner

Anoop Madhusoodhanan Prabha (Intel) wrote:

Thanks Ben. Looking forward for more information on this. In the meantime, I am working on other issues which you reported on graphics offload and will update the issues one by one. Really appreciate your patience on this.

Regards
Anoop

OK. So, I've been able to reduce it down to the following most trivial code. 

#include "stdafx.h"
#include <cilk/cilk.h>
#include <gfx\gfx_rt.h>
#include <iostream>

int main()
{
	int v = 0; 
#pragma offload target(gfx)	 in(v)
	cilk_for(int c = 0; c < 100; c++)
	{
		v++; 
	}

std::cout << v << std::endl; 
	getchar(); 

return 0;
}

Though, again, I don't think the code is the problem. Here are some stats: 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4250U @1.3 GHz 1.9 GHz
RAM: 8 GB
System Type: 64-bit Windows 8

Here is the output from your gfx_sys_check.exe: .

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2016.0.110\windows\b
in\intel64>gfx_sys_check.exe

Checking CPU

Checking OS
 Windows 8 x64

---- Check MDF CMRT ----

Checking display
 device:
       Provider: LogMeIn, Inc.
    Description: LogMeIn Mirror Driver
        Version: 7.1.542.0
 device:
       Provider: Intel Corporation
    Description: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5000
        Version: 10.18.10.3643

Checking Cm, executing test program
  RT Dll version: (3.0.0.1208)
 JIT Dll version: (3.0.0.1208)
 GPU architecture: haswell
     vISA support: visa3.0

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2016.0.110\windows\b
in\intel64>

If you need the project itself (for whatever reason) I can provide that for you. But, like I said, it happens on this machine regardless of the code. So long as it's doing integrated graphics offload, it seems to bomb. 

0 Kudos