Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

License Compliance Fail: Missing redist.txt files in Intel Parallel Studio XE 2018

Alexander__William
Since the 2016 Intel Composer Suite product release, there have been several redistribution license files for elements of the comprehensive product that are missing. I was able to audit the following historical versions: 2011.sp1.9.293 2013.0.079 2013.3.163 2013.4.183 1025.3.187 2015.5.223 In each of those releases, we were able to use the following redistribution guidelines under ...Documentation/en_US/ .../ipp/redist.txt .../mkl/redist.txt .../tbb/redist.txt .../credist.txt .../fredist.txt Beginning in 2016, in every release since, including the 2018 Parallel Studio XE, we have only the following: .../licensing/compiler/en//credist.txt .../licensing/compiler/en//fredist.txt .../licensing/mpi/en/redist_rt.txt Redistribution guidance for the library products, namely MKL, IPP, TBB, and so on, are missing from the newer releases of the comprehensive product. This makes it impossible to comply with the terms of Intel's licenses when redistributing dynamically-linked binaries. We would like to see these files added back into Parallel Studio XE as quickly as possible and to have a patchlevel release made available that includes them. Thank you.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TimP
Honored Contributor III

This question would be better asked via the support channel.  There you could at least have an expectation of a reponse in a reasonable time:  https://software.intel.com/en-us/support   It seems that the companion forum for this purpose was discontinued, even though it is mentioned there in the update less than 2 years ago.  That said, if there were a change from the conditions you read in the older releases, we can't be expected to follow it without notice of such change.  When I worked there, the position was that a full developer license carried rights for unlimited distribution of the redistributable to customers supported by the compiler product.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alexander__William
Intel? Are you listening? We need some help here.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

This question would be better asked via the support channel.  There you could at least have an expectation of a reponse in a reasonable time:  https://software.intel.com/en-us/support   It seems that the companion forum for this purpose was discontinued, even though it is mentioned there in the update less than 2 years ago.  That said, if there were a change from the conditions you read in the older releases, we can't be expected to follow it without notice of such change.  When I worked there, the position was that a full developer license carried rights for unlimited distribution of the redistributable to customers supported by the compiler product.

0 Kudos
Alexander__William
Thanks Tim. The support channel is so painful. But yes, it appears I'm stuck with the full-on corporate experience here.
0 Kudos